Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Show Us Your First Cars!

Jack_P

Well it doesn't really count as MY first car, but I chose it and specced it up, soooo... I share the one in my sig with my mum. Lovely bit of kit to learn to drive in :D

One day i will have a proper little project car!!

Well it doesn't really count as MY first car, but I chose it and specced it up, soooo... I share the one in my sig with my mum. Lovely bit of kit to learn to drive in :D

Haha, almost like we've had this conversation before.. :lol:

I'd love a project when I've got a bit of spare cash. Call me sad but I'd really like an old old car to restore. My Dad and his mate used to restore Land Rovers (last one was 1961), and my Dad's other mate restores Triumph Heralds, his have been so good he's had people have his car filmed on Heartbeat and was payed like £500 for 3 days that he didn't have the car.

Maybe one day. :D

No time like the present Michael... I know a little silver Mk4 fiesta that you could drop a V8 into!

Andrew i could drop a skip on that car and people still wouldn't be happy!!!

I'd love a project when I've got a bit of spare cash. Call me sad but I'd really like an old old car to restore. My Dad and his mate used to restore Land Rovers (last one was 1961), and my Dad's other mate restores Triumph Heralds, his have been so good he's had people have his car filmed on Heartbeat and was payed like £500 for 3 days that he didn't have the car.

One day will be far away! If my plan works out it will be a long while until i earn enough!

Take a look at the MK4??

No time like the present Michael... I know a little silver Mk4 fiesta that you could drop a V8 into!

V8 Fiesta. That would be a shocker. :blink:

I was reading the other day, apparently a hugely popular engine swap for a Mk4/Mk5 is the 1.7VCT (?) engine out of a Ford Puma. Apparently it's a completely straight swap.

Yeppo, loads of people have done it.

It's out the puma, the puma uses loads from the mk4/5 fiesta.

Yeah, It's a good idea choosing an old car as you can actually have a go at tinkering with the mechanics without getting caught up in too much complicated electronics, it's all million miles of cabling and computer controlled everything nowadays.

Actually, I reckon our generation will be one of the last where we've got the opportunity to get stuck in and mess around with an old car. I'm hoping to get an old shed to tinker with when used car prices get back to normal.

Yeppo, loads of people have done it.

It's out the puma, the puma uses loads from the mk4/5 fiesta.

Which would suit me down to the ground. More power ... Without the hairdresser's car. :lol:

Yeah, It's a good idea choosing an old car as you can actually have a go at tinkering with the mechanics without getting caught up in too much complicated electronics, it's all million miles of cabling and computer controlled everything nowadays.

Actually, I reckon our generation will be one of the last where we've got the opportunity to get stuck in and mess around with an old car. I'm hoping to get an old shed to tinker with when used car prices get back to normal.

Exactly what my Dad was saying. He said with cars like that most of the work needed is structural/cosmetic. And could easily increase in value if you do a good job.

I think your right about the generation thing though, but I suppose not a lot of people my age would want to take it up.

Which would suit me down to the ground. More power ... Without the hairdresser's car. :lol:

Is it a hairdressers car? I quite like them :ph34r:

If you're lucky you can buy normal, shabby cars, give them a good clean and you can sell them on for a little profit

Quite a bit of faff though, i'd much prefer an old 205 :wub:

Mmmm, sort of. A bit like the Vauxhall Tigra. :lol::ph34r:

If you're lucky you can buy normal, shabby cars, give them a good clean and you can sell them on for a little profit

Quite a bit of faff though, i'd much prefer an old 205 :wub:

My Mum's ex used to do it. He'd buy a dud (very American of me to say that!) at an auction then a month or two later he'd sell it on. Even if it's just an extra £100, especially from a good clean and checkover ... Can't go wrong!

My Mum's ex used to do it. He'd buy a dud (very American of me to say that!) at an auction then a month or two later he'd sell it on. Even if it's just an extra £100, especially from a good clean and checkover ... Can't go wrong!

Yarp! quite alot do it, easy bit of money.

Got no pics of the first one but it was a mk4 cortina 2.0 Ghia in white with a black vynal roof got a pic of my last one before the fiesta tho

alldone2.jpg

Awesome first car! I've wanted to buy and old powerhouse like that so many times. The problem comes when you get to the fuel pump, insurance, or something goes wrong with it!

that was my dream car since i was 10,so i bought it as soon as i got my drivers licence,sorry but i didnt have any pictures of it,so i took one from another car gallery,but mine was the same spec,but black with tinted windows,bought it in mint condition for a very low price (left door was a little dented,so i repaired it),the car had no problems at all,i ve driven it for 1.5 years,but the fuel consumption was too much for me,when the guy bought it,i almost cried when i heard my big V8 bmw for the last time :)

it was a little worse when i heard that the guy smashed it into a tree soon after he bought it,i was this close from buying it back,when i heard it was a write-off......i was in shock.....for a very long time.....

The Puma is basically a Fiesta, with a different Shell, suspension and engine. Much how the Scirocco is more or less a Golf :)

The Puma is basically a Fiesta, with a different shell, suspension and engine. Much how the Scirocco is more or less a Golf :)

Good point, forgot about that.

My first car is my current focus it has seen me through 2 driving tests, learning, speeding fines, 3am sprints to the beach, a hotel room, a !Removed! load of smiles and the best birthday present ive ever had AND the best part the gf is jelous of it :P .

Mike

Same here mate. A friend of mine offered a tvr 3000m a few months back through a friend but he has bought it himself ( only in the £hundreds aswell!!) But he has no garage so if im feeling stupid i might try and take it off his hands ;)

Here you go... this was the first... only thing is I didn't have a sunroof or any spot lights, and I had the original wheels on it...

Mk1Cavalier.jpg

Most interesting car I've ever owned was one of these... still regret getting rid of it to this day...

avantime_3sm.jpg

Cheers

B.

Love the Cavalier!

And even though they were a huge flop, I do actually like those Avantimes. I sat in one once, the most airy cabin in a car I've ever been in! It felt like an open plan apartment. :lol:

A project car for me would be a little sports car, something to make look good, not faffed about speed as such!!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club