Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK1 Rust

catfish79

Has any one had a MK 1 without rust in these areas? Is there any point in My attacking these areas now as they were advisory or am I wasting My time?

99331CCA-4CF5-4E19-A09E-ECD3F83C9202.jpeg

depends how long you want to keep car and what equipment you have to gain access (ramps, axle stands, a friend with a proper garage ramp).

If I am thinking of still having it in a year's time and want to MOT it again I would be inspecting it closely to see if some cleaning up and protective coating is needed to stop it getting to the point where it needs welding.

Often rust on car body and brake pipes can be slowed down a lot if people nip it in the bud and don't ignore it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, catfish79 said:

Has any one had a MK 1 without rust in these areas? Is there any point in My attacking these areas now as they were advisory or am I wasting My time?

99331CCA-4CF5-4E19-A09E-ECD3F83C9202.jpeg

You wouldn’t be wasting your time, if as above, you could treat the suspension mounts without welding and monitor them occasionally because they tend to be a water trap.Fitting new brake discs and pads is an easy cheap job.You might need a garage to look at the arches but again depends how long you want to keep your car👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club