Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 mk4 mondeo

Alan Bainbridge

Hi. Have a question regarding the radio clock display. Mine has started to stay illuminated after locking the car. Is this normal? Am worried about battery drain. Any help would be great

Cheers Alan 

2 hours ago, Alan Bainbridge said:

Hi. Have a question regarding the radio clock display. Mine has started to stay illuminated after locking the car. Is this normal? Am worried about battery drain. Any help would be great

Cheers Alan 

The display stays on for about 10 minutes then the car sort of shuts down, turning displays off and the 12v sockets. So unless it's staying on for an hour I'd say it's normal

• Like 1

Updated. Locked the car at 8pm last night and at 6am the clock display on the radio was still lit up. Drove to work and left the radio on and locked the car. That stayed on also. So turned the radio off, clock display stays on and the orange square with an( !  ) Display  was flashing in the info panel above the steering wheel. Bit stumped now. 

On 9/10/2019 at 10:25 AM, Alan Bainbridge said:

Updated. Locked the car at 8pm last night and at 6am the clock display on the radio was still lit up. Drove to work and left the radio on and locked the car. That stayed on also. So turned the radio off, clock display stays on and the orange square with an( !  ) Display  was flashing in the info panel above the steering wheel. Bit stumped now. 

The "I" being displayed on the cluster usually means that there's some sort of message (usually some sort of warning) that you need to view/clear.  If it's anything like the more basic unit there should be a "Messages" option within the menus.

Cheers. Will check it out may just get a garage to run a diagnostic on the car to see if there are any other to clear 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Alan Bainbridge said:

Cheers. Will check it out may just get a garage to run a diagnostic on the car to see if there are any other to clear 

I'd just check it 1st mate, the "messages" aren't the same an a DTC/error code i.e. the kind of thing a garage would scan for.  If you check via the menu yourself you might not need to pay a garage to scan for error codes.

Plus, you can use Forscan and a modified ELM327 cable/dongle to read (a quick search of these forums should get you the info you'd need) and reset DTCs as often as you need to, then you don't have to pay a garage just for the 2 minutes it takes them to plug in a snap-on reader.  You can even use it to monitor sensor readings etc.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club