Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlights.

sussex belle

Now the dark nights are here how do i set my auto main beam up , My headlights are set on auto but  when on my way home from work down counrty lanes the main bean isnt on am i doing something wrong   

14 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

I didn't think auto did anything to do with main beam?

Yes, you need to enable auto main beam in the vehicle settings via the steering wheel control. It's in the manual somewhere but takes some finding. Note: within the settings menu the option to tick is "Autolamps" which seems a bit confusing given there is also the auto setting on the main lighting switch on the dash.

I find the system works fairly well but not 100% - there are still occasions when lights don't dip in time and you need to use the dipswitch. 

Edit - see correction in further post below!

• Like 1

Aye, found it in the manual but I don't have the option on the car.  I think it is part of Driver Assistant package which I didn't get.

12 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Note: within the settings menu the option to tick is "Autolamps" which seems a bit confusing given there is also the auto setting on the main lighting switch on the dash.

Correction! My manual does mention "Autolamps" but just checking on my actual car you go into "Settings" select "Lighting" then select "Auto High Beam". So long since I first set mine I'd forgotten!

Iirc the reference to "Autolamps " in the manual does refer to the auto setting position on the main lighting switch, and the ability, within the settings menu, to adjust the period the headlamps remain on after switching off the ignition, ("Headlamp delay" option in "Settings/Lighting".) Even if you have set this to "off" in the settings menu, you can still, when required, set a short delay so the headlamps stay on after you leave the car by turning off the ignition and pulling the indicator stalk towards you. The headlamps then stay on 30 secs after the last door is closed.

Yes, just checked on Ford build and price and it is part of the Driver Assistance Package.

Driver Assistance Pack
£500 (RRP)
Traffic Sign Recognition; Auto High Beam; Adaptive Cruise Control (with Lane Centring Assist & Stop & Go on Automatic transmission only
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

Yes, just checked on Ford build and price and it is part of the Driver Assistance Package.

You would have thought the ST-L X package would be similar on the Fiesta and Focus. I have TSR and auto high beam, but only normal cruise. Is it just my tired old brain or is all this getting rather too complicated nowadays?😀

• Like 1

Definitely.  There'll have been some huge algorithm written costing many hundreds of thousands of pounds, to define all the different packs and their contents.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club