Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Two questions - Air Con and Handbrake

TrevorH

How easy/expensive is it to re-gas the air con on my Grand C-max? Is it a similar cost to buy the kit as it is to pay some one to do it? Also is the handbrake on my car self adjusting? (2013 plate). Or does it need adjusting manually and how would I go about doing that. The handbrake works fine and comes up 6 clicks on the ratchet so it may not need doing. Thanks in advance

You should be able to get a cheap AC regas this time of year as the pricing goes on supply and demand...so expensive in summer!  I've done it DIY a few times without success, would always recommend having a garage do it properly unless you've got all the kit to vacuum and pressure test as well as the can of gas.

I guess you have rear discs on the Grand CMax?  If so, they're self adjusting at the caliper end.  You can tighten slack cables at the car end if necessary though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

You should be able to get a cheap AC regas this time of year as the pricing goes on supply and demand...so expensive in summer!  I've done it DIY a few times without success, would always recommend having a garage do it properly unless you've got all the kit to vacuum and pressure test as well as the can of gas.

I guess you have rear discs on the Grand CMax?  If so, they're self adjusting at the caliper end.  You can tighten slack cables at the car end if necessary though.

What he says.

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Yeah rear discs. So technically I shouldn't have to touch the handbrake adjustment wise then? If I do ever have to take up the slack where is the adjuster? Am I right in thinking it is under the front section of where the arm rest is, in front of the cup holders?

3 hours ago, TrevorH said:

Yeah rear discs. So technically I shouldn't have to touch the handbrake adjustment wise then? If I do ever have to take up the slack where is the adjuster? Am I right in thinking it is under the front section of where the arm rest is, in front of the cup holders?

Yeah that's right, as long as you use the brakes enough to keep them free and moving, the handbrake shouldn't ever need any adjustment.  

I don't know the cable adjuster location for sure on the Grand CMax but it most likely is in the centre console as you suggest.  Tbh in the 4 years I owned Focus' I didn't have to touch the adjuster once!! :smile:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club