Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Set up WiFi yesterday..doesn’t work today.

Alex.S

Remote start didn’t work this morning. In car soon realised modem wasn’t connected. Pressed Ford Pass Connect button, tried to open Connectivity Settings..says “cannot be displayed at the moment”.

tried Vehicle Hotspot Button..said same. 

On my phone went thru app into Vodafone, my account , my car nickname had gone back to ‘car 1’ I changed it , went back to Ford App, got the connected symbol at top of screen.

back in car ...”cannot be displayed “ again..

I wouldn't have thought WiFi would be active before the car is started?  Most likely a dodgy phone signal to the inbuilt SIM card.

6 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

I wouldn't have thought WiFi would be active before the car is started?  Most likely a dodgy phone signal to the inbuilt SIM card.

Sorry I’m getting mixed up with WiFi and modem. 

The modems not working, that’s why the remote start wouldn’t work.

I've now uninstalled and reinstalled the app. And a master reset.

situation now is the activate vehicle button in app isn’t responding to me pressing it.

vodafone app thru the Ford app is saying it’s connected. 

Same issues as I posted earlier. 

Too much technology Guy! 

For all the money these cost you’d expect them just to work! 

I agree with Guy.

What we are suggesting is that the Vodafone signal to the sim in your modem could be very weak.

This could explain for example your intermittent remote start functionality.

Just a possibility.

Weak signal would explain the remote start failing but I’ve been unable to connect all day. 

I can’t ‘forget’ network because it’s not listed on the WiFi list in my phone. 

I had it all working yesterday ..Vodafone5020 or something. Even connected an iPad. 

I had the ‘connected’ symbol on the app earlier..wasn’t connected at all. Unable to activate the car is the brick wall. At the moment 

5 hours ago, Andyr55 said:

Hi, any chance your subscription has expired?

I’m not sure which Subscription you’re referring to? The WiFi was only connected on Saturday, the Live Traffic also.

the car is only 6 weeks old.

I’ve got it booked in with the dealership later this week, also been on the phone to FordPass Support who suggested it could be an Android issue. But I’ve just loaded the app on my bro’s iPhone ...same issue, can’t get past activate vehicle.

Got it fixed at the dealership today. The Ford technician was emailing the Ford technical department. Fair play to the guy he got it working. I wanted to pick his brain after but it was a salesman who brought it to my house this afternoon. I know more about FordPass Connect than most Ford salesman.  There was 4 updates done too. One was ABS I forget the rest.  I’ve had the car 6 weeks , it was only yesterday that the FordPass menu appeared in the mobile apps part of the sync3 system! Not sure what’s going on there..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club