Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear wheel alignment?

Drover
聽Share

Hey guys appreciate any help advice, I have a 2006 ford Fusion.聽

Just took it to the garage today to get them to investigate tyre wear on outside rear of 1 tyre they couldn't find anything wrong but also say it's not possible to do rear tracking on this model? Surely that's not correct? Confused.com 馃え

They are right. It's a solid twist beam axle. Did they check the rear tracking anyway to assertain if the tracking was out.

Has that tyre always been in the same position or been on the front at some point?聽

2 minutes ago, iantt said:

They are right. It's a solid twist beam axle. Did they check the rear tracking anyway to assertain if the tracking was out.

Has that tyre always been in the same position or been on the front at some point?聽

The tyre has always been in this position and is 3 years old with 30,000 miles on it. The inside has 3mm+ on it and outside has 1.5mm聽

Not sure if they checked it but if it's not adjustable is there any point? What could they do?

They said could be a twisted chassis or something else twisted?聽馃

Could be a bent stub axle( the bit the drum attached too. )聽

I personally would worry if there's only 1.5 mm difference, just put another tyre on and drive it for another 30k .聽

21 minutes ago, iantt said:

I personally would worry if there's only 1.5 mm difference, just put another tyre on and drive it for another 30k .聽

Yes I think your right, might end up worse than it is.聽

• 2 years later...

Robust tire alignment is important to avoid excessive wear on tire and vehicle parts. Poor tire alignment can make wheels work against each other and can also decrease your MPG. Here are some signs that scream that your car needs a serious overhaul-

Uneven wear
Passive pulling
Vibration
A crooked steering wheel

• Sad 2

• 7 months later...
On 11/27/2019 at 1:57 AM, iantt said:

My friend is looking at this neat Ford Fusion but also showing uneven wear signs on the passenger side. Otherwise, it is totally neat.聽 We'll just finish installing the rotors and kmc wheels on the F150 this week before we take a closer look at it.

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club