Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wiper Blades

Abbadon

I used to buy silicone aero wipers from a seller called Mr silicone on eBay ( or something similar) and they were really good, used them on loads of cars in last 10yrs, but can't seem to find him any more, so seems he isn't trading any more... Any recommendations for something similar, I've got a focus mk3. 5 at the moment, I like to change wipers often, and I find it keeps things crisper, vs spending more and expecting longer life (usually disappointed!)

Andy

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The Bosch AeroTwin are the best ones I've come to use this far, ive tried the top rated Michelin and a few lesser brands but have found the others either loud or not long lasting. The Michelin Stealth did a great job but as they had a mounting system that held the arms a little too high they sounded like a ***** machine gun reloading at each end of a sweep..

The Aero just seem to work, but coupled with the RainX screenwash additive (Or the screenwash itself, but that's more expensive than the £5/1ltr additive at Halfords - less your 15% if you're premium 😉) they really are fantastic.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Abbadon said:

I used to buy silicone aero wipers from a seller called Mr silicone on ebay ( or something similar) and they were really good, used them on loads of cars in last 10yrs, but can't seem to find him any more, so seems he isn't trading any more... Any recommendations for something similar, I've got a focus mk3. 5 at the moment, I like to change wipers often, and I find it keeps things crisper, vs spending more and expecting longer life (usually disappointed!)

Andy

I just buy vision pro (ecp/carparts4less), cheap and cheerful. Got a feeling they may be silicone?

• Like 1

Yeah, I've had Aerotwin on at least one car in last few years, just found that I prefer the new wiper action, over the slightly better performance down the line the Aeroitwin offered.

I've got a trade card for Halfords, is the Aerotwin price better online, or via trade at Halfords, anyone know?

EDIT: I checked, TRADE PRICE is £26.25 inc VAT via Halfords for a front pair of Aerotwins for the Focus. That's Bosch AM469S Wiper Blades - Front Pair (700mm/28" x 2 )

Now, i looked elsewhere, and then found another site saying a different length - so the question I now have - is, whats the right length? 700mm/28" as above, or the 29" ones some other sites are recommending?

In the past, this is the sort of situation that occurs where cars either have, or don't have auto wipers, so I'm assuming this is the same situation? My car is an ST3, so it has auto wipers, so I had hoped the reg lookup would have given me the right result!

Andy

28" is the size of the Bosch ones, but 29" is the OEM size. (Even though I believe the originals are Bosch??)

Have you actually asked at a Ford dealer? I found the last set to be incredibly cheap for a main dealer, I think £9 for the rear and £25 for the front set without any discounts etc.

Speaking of, i got my last Halfords set (AM469S) on trade and the premium card combined. If you have both it's worth an ask!

• Like 1

28" is the size of the Bosch ones, but 29" is the OEM size. (Even though I believe the originals are Bosch??)
Have you actually asked at a Ford dealer? I found the last set to be incredibly cheap for a main dealer, I think £9 for the rear and £25 for the front set without any discounts etc.
Speaking of, i got my last Halfords set (AM469S) on trade and the premium card combined. If you have both it's worth an ask!
What's the premium card? I didn't know that was a thing!

Andy

7 hours ago, Abbadon said:

What's the premium card? I didn't know that was a thing!

^

Become a forum supporter and its sent out in the post, as well as a couple of stickers and a warm fuzzy feeling for being a supporter 😊

I think I saved about £45 the first day I used mine so well worth it for that alone!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club