Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FORD FOCUS 1.6tdci RE MAP DPF

Focus57

Hi all in the process of buying a 14 plate Focus 1.6tdci,,,, gonna be using it as a minicab so I will be doing lots of miles. What I would like to know is, is it worth me mapping out the dpf as all I hear about them are nightmare stories.. Was thinking of getting it mapped out and getting power tweeked up a bit by 10or15bhp. Has anyone experience of doing this ?? And what should I be looking at cost wise ???? Cheers all thanks for reading

If you are doing lots of miles and the engine is always up to temp no worries, its stop start that's the problem.

18 hours ago, pragmatix said:

If you are doing lots of miles and the engine is always up to temp no worries, its stop start that's the problem.

how come does it kill starter motor ??

It's an MOT fail now...  Some people get away with it but I'd assume the minicab MOT is even more strict.

If you're only ever going to take town fares on short journeys it may be a problem, but if you're doing longer trips as well it should be ok.  These use a coated DPF which is far more efficient than the old additive type.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Focus57 said:

how come does it kill starter motor ??

Stop start driving when the engine and exhaust doesn't get up to temp not the auto stop start, that doesn't kill starters as its a heavy duty starter, sorry for the confusion

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club