Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Bluetooth audio in aux menu

BSouthby92

Hello. I have a 2009 Fiesta Zetec S 

when I got the car the bluetooth module didn’t work at all so I have replaced it with a new one 

old number 

8m5t-19c112-al

new number 

8m5t-19c112-am

the Usb works and my phone connects To bluetooth and I can use my phone to make calls but I don’t have the option to stream audio 

normally you’d have the option when you press aux. But mine just says line in and not the option for bluetooth audio

i have done the latest update but that hasn’t changed anything. 

anyone have any ideas or had this problem before? 

thanks

Do I need to program this in anywhere? If so is anyone local to me that can do this? 

I have an old elm from about 8 years ago if that’s still any good lol

this is what it looks like now without the bluetooth audio menu

971392D3-C23D-42B6-93D8-3B0A4F2A49C9.jpeg.a63f9109f709c875948dd3a15b460bdc.jpeg

I don't think your vehicle has the option to stream music via bluetooth as it looks like an older system (pre Ford Sync). The bluetooth only allows a connection to a bluetooth telephone to make and receive calls. 

I can get it to play music from my phone by voice command 

external device > bluetooth > play

but I don’t get any song titles and cannot skip with radio or steering wheel. 

Can I get any radio and it’ll work or do I need to look out for anything? 

do I need a new display also or just radio ? Can I keep my fascia because I know they split in two and people on eBay sell them separately 

Anyone got any ideas? 

ive been reading up a lot on forums and some people are saying it needs activating in ids 

is anyone local to London se3 who has the software who can have a look? Please 

• 2 weeks later...

If the module is an earlier version it may well not be an A2DP (music streaming) one.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Just press The aux Button again to switch to bluetooth music view. At least that's how it works in my car. Your menu looks different from mine so maybe you've got an older version though.

Maybe you should try to find out your sync version /software version and Google if it can be updated. That would definitely be the first step before buying any new hardware.

• 2 weeks later...

I read a lot of posts before buying the replacement bluetooth module and everything I have read says AM is capable of streaming. My phone connects as to bluetooth and sends all audio through Ford audio Bluetooth just don’t have the menu to access it on the car frustrating. I read that there are 3 settings when programming the radio normal bluetooth Bluetooth and streaming and Bluetooth streaming and satnav. So maybe programming will work but don’t know anyone with the software or anyone who knows what to do without going to ford and them not knowing anything and charging me a hours labour lol

• 4 weeks later...

Still doing my research on the subject and I definitely think it needs coding to get the bluetooth audio menu in aux 

have a look at the post I’ve attached from this forum from a few years ago with instructions on how to do it with ford ids 

is anyone local to me south east London with the software or is there a list of people with the software and location? 

should I start a new thread to see if anyone is local to me with ids 

thanks 

52855168-63D3-456A-821D-ECE0D5DD665D.png

645D1694-AA62-450B-AC67-092D2579E38C.jpeg

• 4 months later...

Hey bro, I am having the exact same issue. Have you managed to activate the option in your AUX menu somehow? I got an even newer module (8M5T-19C112-AN) and still havent managed to get it to work.

Before, I had the 8M5T-19C112-AK and at first I couldnt stream music at all (not even via voice command), but after I did the USB firmware update on it, I could.

The fact that I couldn't select the BT Audio option from the AUX menu or that I couldn't switch songs from the car was really annoying me, so I got the -AN module after going through a lot of threads, like you.

I even got an ELM327 adapter and downloaded forscan (needs extended liscence for programming - free for 2 months) to activate the options that you mention as well, but they were already activated in my case. (USB with iPod function & BT/VC system with USB connect)

I also changed the Entertainment Unit option from "Low level CD and AM/FM radio" to "High Level CD and AM/FM radio" as suggested somewhere else but not only did that not fix it, but I was now also getting DTCs for ACM and FCDIM for "Incompatible module configuration".

I am starting to think that maybe the FCDIM module needs an update or just a swap with a newer one. The car is an October 2008 build MK7 Titanium.

I was also having some connecticity issues with my ELM adapter so I returned it and have ordered a better one to try with. Will let you know how that goes.

Anyway, let me know if you've sorted it out.

Cheers!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 7/17/2020 at 2:00 AM, Alex T. said:

Hey bro, I am having the exact same issue. Have you managed to activate the option in your AUX menu somehow? I got an even newer module (8M5T-19C112-AN) and still havent managed to get it to work.

Before, I had the 8M5T-19C112-AK and at first I couldnt stream music at all (not even via voice command), but after I did the USB firmware update on it, I could.

The fact that I couldn't select the BT Audio option from the AUX menu or that I couldn't switch songs from the car was really annoying me, so I got the -AN module after going through a lot of threads, like you.

I even got an ELM327 adapter and downloaded forscan (needs extended liscence for programming - free for 2 months) to activate the options that you mention as well, but they were already activated in my case. (USB with iPod function & BT/VC system with USB connect)

I also changed the Entertainment Unit option from "Low level CD and AM/FM radio" to "High Level CD and AM/FM radio" as suggested somewhere else but not only did that not fix it, but I was now also getting DTCs for ACM and FCDIM for "Incompatible module configuration".

I am starting to think that maybe the FCDIM module needs an update or just a swap with a newer one. The car is an October 2008 build MK7 Titanium.

I was also having some connecticity issues with my ELM adapter so I returned it and have ordered a better one to try with. Will let you know how that goes.

Anyway, let me know if you've sorted it out.

Cheers!

Hi mate, 

Did you ever find a solution to this?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 3:32 PM, ElliotPearson_ said:

Hi mate, 

Did you ever find a solution to this?

Hi Elliot.

Yes, yes I did. It took me forever to figure it out because there is a lot of misinformation on these forums.

I should probably make a post about what's really going on with these modules.

So, to begin with:

If your car does not have bluetooth at all, you need to get a lot of parts that you can find in other guides in the forum. Unfortunately I don't know exactly which parts you need to get.

But if your car already has bluetooth (for phone calls) and a USB slot, then you do NOT need to purchase a new bluetooth module. The one you have should work just fine, it just needs an update.

My Fiesta is one of the early MK7s (Oct 2008), it has a Nokia 8M5T-19C112-AK which according to many posts on these forums should not support Bluetooth audio streaming. Now that is wrong, as with the simple USB update (link below) it will stream audio just fine.

https://digiex.net/threads/ford-audio-bluetooth-usb-firmware-update-november-2012-release-how-to-update.14009/?utm_source=FordOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks&utm_campaign=referrals

The only problem here was that it still did not appear as an option in the AUX menu of the car, and I could not navigate songs using the car controls (i.e steering wheel buttons). In order to initiate bluetooth audio I had to use the voice commands: "External Device", then "Bluetooth", and then "Play".

So, at this point I started experimenting with FORScan, but all of the values that people were suggesting to change, were already set to the correct ones on mine.

• The "Accessory USB Unit" option was already set to “With USB Unit and iPod function”.
  • The "Bluetooth Handsfree" option was already set to “BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connection”.
    These two are the values you need to have in FORscan for it to work.
  • The "In Car Entertainment" does NOT need to be set to "High Level CD and AM/FM Radio", as many people on these forums suggest. I had "Low Level CD and AM/FM Radio" and I managed to make it work.

At this point, I still couldn't get the Bluetooth option to show on the AUX menu. So I got a newer bluetooth module, an 8M5T-19C112-AN, as other people on forums were suggesting.

I ran the update on this one too, but same story as the previous module. Audio stream only through voice command, but nothing on the display.

So, I ruled out the BT module and I went for the display. I searched everywhere for an update for the display, but no luck. From what I found, there is an update available for it, but it is only possible using Ford's IDS software, which is expensinve to get.

So what I did is I bought a display from a newer MK7, I think a 2010 (so still pre-facelift). The one i got was a 8A6T-18B955-BL and it cost me £9 from eBay.

As soon as i plugged it in, voila. BT in the AUX menu and all the media controls from the steering wheel became available.

So, moral of the story is:

If you have a Bluetooth module with a USB slot, then you can run the update and audio streaming will become available. To change the display menu and gain phone media control, however, you need a display from a newer car. I am not sure what the cut-off serial is here, but a display from a 2010 car should work just fine.

Sorry for the long response, I just thought it might help you if you've been chasing the rabbit down the hole like I was.

If you have any other questions or need help with the BT update (can be a pain sometimes), I'm happy to help.

Good luck!

Alex

• Like 1

On 3/23/2021 at 5:32 PM, Alex T. said:

Hi Elliot.

Yes, yes I did. It took me forever to figure it out because there is a lot of misinformation on these forums.

I should probably make a post about what's really going on with these modules.

So, to begin with:

If your car does not have bluetooth at all, you need to get a lot of parts that you can find in other guides in the forum. Unfortunately I don't know exactly which parts you need to get.

But if your car already has bluetooth (for phone calls) and a USB slot, then you do NOT need to purchase a new bluetooth module. The one you have should work just fine, it just needs an update.

My Fiesta is one of the early MK7s (Oct 2008), it has a Nokia 8M5T-19C112-AK which according to many posts on these forums should not support Bluetooth audio streaming. Now that is wrong, as with the simple USB update (link below) it will stream audio just fine.

https://digiex.net/threads/ford-audio-bluetooth-usb-firmware-update-november-2012-release-how-to-update.14009/?utm_source=FordOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks&utm_campaign=referrals

The only problem here was that it still did not appear as an option in the AUX menu of the car, and I could not navigate songs using the car controls (i.e steering wheel buttons). In order to initiate bluetooth audio I had to use the voice commands: "External Device", then "Bluetooth", and then "Play".

So, at this point I started experimenting with FORScan, but all of the values that people were suggesting to change, were already set to the correct ones on mine.

• The "Accessory USB Unit" option was already set to “With USB Unit and iPod function”.
  • The "Bluetooth Handsfree" option was already set to “BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connection”.
    These two are the values you need to have in FORscan for it to work.
  • The "In Car Entertainment" does NOT need to be set to "High Level CD and AM/FM Radio", as many people on these forums suggest. I had "Low Level CD and AM/FM Radio" and I managed to make it work.

At this point, I still couldn't get the Bluetooth option to show on the AUX menu. So I got a newer bluetooth module, an 8M5T-19C112-AN, as other people on forums were suggesting.

I ran the update on this one too, but same story as the previous module. Audio stream only through voice command, but nothing on the display.

So, I ruled out the BT module and I went for the display. I searched everywhere for an update for the display, but no luck. From what I found, there is an update available for it, but it is only possible using Ford's IDS software, which is expensinve to get.

So what I did is I bought a display from a newer MK7, I think a 2010 (so still pre-facelift). The one i got was a 8A6T-18B955-BL and it cost me £9 from eBay.

As soon as i plugged it in, voila. BT in the AUX menu and all the media controls from the steering wheel became available.

So, moral of the story is:

If you have a Bluetooth module with a USB slot, then you can run the update and audio streaming will become available. To change the display menu and gain phone media control, however, you need a display from a newer car. I am not sure what the cut-off serial is here, but a display from a 2010 car should work just fine.

Sorry for the long response, I just thought it might help you if you've been chasing the rabbit down the hole like I was.

If you have any other questions or need help with the BT update (can be a pain sometimes), I'm happy to help.

Good luck!

Alex

For Everyone in the future if needed. 

I followed Alex’s advice and purchased a new display screen from a 2010 fiesta with model no.

8A6T-18B955-BL

after a quick 5 minute swap over I was able to see the BT audio option on the Aux settings! 

After many months of looking all it took was a simple bluetooth software update and an updated display module. Thanks Alex your a lifesaver pal! 

if anyone needs help with this in the future, Feel free to DM me   

• 1 year later...

Hello, have you found a solution? I am in the same case my phone streams music on ford audio but nothing is displayed in the menu aux, no possibility to change USB source FORD AUDIO IPOD. I have already updated the bluetooth module enable the option with ids try to disconnect the battery fuses but nothing. My car is from the end of 2009 and my display is from 24-11-2009 I have to replace it with a newer one or the problem comes from elsewhere? Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club