Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus ST line X

Luke88

Keyless cars have handles that look like this on the front, with the five lines. You can also in the car check the vehicle settings under Locks and look for KeyFree. Tick it if it’s there. 

image.thumb.jpeg.0c67f86d5a5a073854145817447133c8.jpeg

I think you mean Adaptive Cruise which you can identify if you have this button cluster on the wheel. That’ll mean you have it and you’d need to go to Driver Assistance and then set whatever the option is for Cruise to Intelligent. 

IMG_6132.thumb.jpeg.1254f93473adf413cf616672fa9c6b81.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 7:55 AM, Guest said:

Sorry for the Noob question; but how do you run a car in properly? Never had a new one . 🤣

Drive it like you stole it 😂

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Buxty said:

Keyless cars have handles that look like this on the front, with the five lines. You can also in the car check the vehicle settings under Locks and look for KeyFree. Tick it if it’s there. 

I think you mean Adaptive Cruise which you can identify if you have this button cluster on the wheel. That’ll mean you have it and you’d need to go to Driver Assistance and then set whatever the option is for Cruise to Intelligent. 

Thanks for that. I have neither, so that's a bummer!

I don't know why, but it seems the other cars in the same model had those. Maybe they were more modern versions.

Don't suppose there's a way to have the keyless door handles fitted?

Thanks again for you reply @Buxty

17 minutes ago, James58 said:

I don't know why, but it seems the other cars in the same model had those. Maybe they were more modern versions.

They were optional extras.  I haven't seen many with adaptive cruise.  Though keyless was quite a common option.

You'll also find that more modern Fiestas have LESS spec than the older ones!

The newest ones don't even have heated mirrors! 😮

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, James58 said:

I just got shot of a Focus Vignale and to be honest don’t sweat not having those too much. Keyless turns off if you have a bad battery or it’s low so might stop working, or you might worry about keyless theft. 

Adaptive is nice initially but I find the normal cruise on my ST-3 as good as adaptive slows down too early when seeing the back of another car on the motorway so I took over anyway. And the intelligent speed assist is usually wrong so you brake when it thinks a motorway is 40 not 70 😆

Enjoy your new car!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Could I get a keyless door handle fitted if I wanted? Like you say @Buxty, adaptive probably wouldn't be used that much I guess; as it's hard enough doing the speed limit on cruise and not 'catching' people up.

All good to know, cheers.

2 minutes ago, James58 said:

Could I get a keyless door handle fitted if I wanted? Like you say @Buxty, adaptive probably wouldn't be used that much I guess; as it's hard enough doing the speed limit on cruise and not 'catching' people up.

All good to know, cheers.

Doubtful as you’d need another module in the car, and some wiring yours probably doesn’t have to the handles. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James58 said:

Could I get a keyless door handle fitted if I wanted?

You will need the rest of the system to go with the handles if you'd like them to work. Expect to pay around £1000 to have keyless entry retro fitted.

11 minutes ago, unofix said:

You will need the rest of the system to go with the handles if you'd like them to work. Expect to pay around £1000 to have keyless entry retro fitted.

We were lucky, found a Titanium X with loads of extras fitted as chosen by the previous owner (must've had too much money). Out of the two options you listed, we're not too fussed if either were missing on our car. Keyless can be tempremental, adaptive cruise is better suited to automatics or cars with bigger engines than 1.0 litre.

Best options we have are HUD and Heated Steering Wheel. B&O system isn't bad apart from the vibrations you get from the door cards. 

• Like 1

Ooh B&O would be good. Weirdly enough, I can unlock my car wirelessly with the App I've just downloaded lol. But like you both say, not exactly  'needed' options. Thanks for explaning things 👍

14 hours ago, Buxty said:

I just got shot of a Focus Vignale and to be honest don’t sweat not having those too much. Keyless turns off if you have a bad battery or it’s low so might stop working, or you might worry about keyless theft. 

Yes, we humans are a funny lot. For every thread on here where someone wants to add keyless, there's another where someone wants to delete it. I switched it off as soon as I got my car home!😀

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

The newest ones don't even have heated mirrors! 😮

The new Fiesta mk8.5 does have heated mirrors, but not power fold which was standard on previous mk8 higher spec models.

Final question (for now) I promise. Gear stick came very well used and looks like this...

What's the best way to repair or refit a replacement. And where would I go to do that?

Thanks.

IMG_3259 2.JPG

If it comes to replacement it just unscrews anti clockwise. 

That looks as if the previous owner must have driven with his/her hand resting on it all the time.

4 minutes ago, mjt said:

That looks as if the previous owner must have driven with his/her hand resting on it all the time.

Which doesn't really do the syncros and selectors any good.

• Haha 1

Exactly. If I saw one like that I'd give it a wide berth, personally.

Is that definitely wear?  Looks like fake tan! :laugh:

Ford did sell the inserts for the ergonomic shaped knobs but I think this is the ball shaped knob?  If so, will need a complete replacement.  Cost about £125 at Ford dealer or around £40 for a good used one.

Reverse is in different places on different models so make sure you get the correct diagram if buying used.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 4:43 PM, TomsFocus said:

Ford did sell the inserts for the ergonomic shaped knobs but I think this is the ball shaped knob?  If so, will need a complete replacement.  Cost about £125 at Ford dealer or around £40 for a good used one.

Reverse is in different places on different models so make sure you get the correct diagram if buying used.

That's what I thought when I bought it!! 😂

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2023 at 4:43 PM, TomsFocus said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256048920903?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=LxuiqO8dSZa&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=MUtoGCMmS0u&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomo2001 said:

Yeah, that's the right one.  Slightly different shape to the one I thought it was, but still no separate insert available as far as I can see.

Difficult to tell the condition there.  Hopefully it's just water & dirt but could be minor scratches from gritty scrapyard/recovery gloves.

On 6/22/2023 at 4:43 PM, James58 said:

Hi All. New person here. Thought I would ask my question on this page, rather than creating a new one...

So I have just bought the same model Ford as @Luke88 (Focus ST Line X -- lower engine size).

Bought this as an 68 reg, with only 20,000 miles used (guessing COVID kept it from travelling much).

My main questions, as a newbie to Ford and this model are:

1) Should I be able to open the car without clicking the key? I've seen this advertised on different age ST Line X owners, so I'm confused why I can't?

2) Second question is regarding the auto-speed limiting, where it reacts to cars in front ... again, I can't find why my car doesn't have this, and others seem to?

3) And lastly, is there somewhere I can buy a replacement for the top of the gear stick? Mine is a bit bushed by the last owner and is turning gold 😂

Thanks for any help.

1) Keyless entry is not standard on the ST LineX.

2) The ST LineX was only fitted with standard cruise control, not adaptive.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Does ya start stop still work?? 😉

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi there I have a st line 2.0 I was just wondering when I purchased the car some one has put a rear diffuser on top of the original spoiler and it’s on with tape any chance I can remove this myself or not. Thanks 

4 hours ago, Joshb1107 said:

Hi there I have a st line 2.0 I was just wondering when I purchased the car some one has put a rear diffuser on top of the original spoiler and it’s on with tape any chance I can remove this myself or not. Thanks 

Might have more response starting your own thread lol 😜

You could try warming it up with a hairdryer or heat gun on low setting and then see if you can lift it off once the tape adhesive is softened. Good luck with it

Edit: seen your other thread, same answer.

• 5 months later...

Just bought a new focus st line x, any tips or tricks? So far my mpg is only 33, thought this would have been a lot higher, thou there is only 200 miles done on it so far, but just wondering what mode people thinks works best best?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club