Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk8 interior lamp

DanE98

Hi,

I have a latest generation Fiesta which is going to turn 3 year old this year. As I am planning on keeping the car, it will need an MOT later in the year.

Ever since I got the car new, the front interior lamp has never come on when I first unlock the car. I’ve had it back to the garage several times but they are refusing to acknowledge anything is wrong. Does anyone know whether the issue would be an MOT fail or whether it would still pass despite this? Also, as the warranty is up soon, I would like to try and get it sorted while it is still covered before they can charge me to fix it.

Interior lamps aren't part of MOT.

I don't understand why it hasn't been replaced under warranty already if it hasn't worked from new though?  

I know this is likely a daft question but it's not just switched to off on the overhead switch?

Happened to me when i brought mine,brought a second hand interior light of a well known site,fitted new led fitted into roof ,,,hey presto it works i guess something was wrong with the light itself.Check the 3 postions on your light ie off,auto and on. if they do not work like this change the light...if you have a friend with one just try it.

32 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

I know this is likely a daft question but it's not just switched to off on the overhead switch?

No, it’s in the centre.
If I get in the car and switch to off and back into centre it comes on and goes off when I start the car.

If I get in and go to on then centre it comes on but stays on when I start it.

if I lock the car and go in the house and come back into it within half an hour it will come on when I unlock it, if it’s any longer it doesn’t come on.

I’ve had it back to the dealer about 3 times. The last time they had it 2 or 3 days and said they had stripped the roof lining back. Then they gave me it back and said that as a battery saving feature the lamp doesn’t come on when you unlock the car. 

It was an early model with a build date of July 2017 so that may be the cause.

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Interior lamps aren't part of MOT.

I don't understand why it hasn't been replaced under warranty already if it hasn't worked from new though?  

The 3 year PCP is up towards the end of the year. If they can’t sort it by then, I’m considering handing the car back rather than paying it off and buying something non-Ford

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DanE98 said:

No, it’s in the centre.
If I get in the car and switch to off and back into centre it comes on and goes off when I start the car.

If I get in and go to on then centre it comes on but stays on when I start it.

if I lock the car and go in the house and come back into it within half an hour it will come on when I unlock it, if it’s any longer it doesn’t come on.

I’ve had it back to the dealer about 3 times. The last time they had it 2 or 3 days and said they had stripped the roof lining back. Then they gave me it back and said that as a battery saving feature the lamp doesn’t come on when you unlock the car. 

It was an early model with a build date of July 2017 so that may be the cause.

Never heard of such pooo, energy saving mode for what , getting into a pitch black car at night.Swap light over or try another if a friend has a similar model...

16 hours ago, Gazcaz said:

Never heard of such pooo, energy saving mode for what , getting into a pitch black car at night.Swap light over or try another if a friend has a similar model...

I wouldn’t have any idea how to do anything like that. I prefer to let the dealer do it then if it’s not done correctly it’s their fault. When you say swap the light, do you mean the bulbs or replace the whole unit?

2 hours ago, DanE98 said:

I wouldn’t have any idea how to do anything like that. I prefer to let the dealer do it then if it’s not done correctly it’s their fault. When you say swap the light, do you mean the bulbs or replace the whole unit?

I brought a new unit plugged her in and all worked.it just swivels out one plug job done...

That should all be done under warranty though.  Dan if the garage you're going to isn't willing to do it, go somewhere else.  Any Ford dealer.  And you can also escalate to Ford themselves.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club