Do Not Sell My Personal Information

C-Max 1.8 petrol dash lights

szelvenyisz

Hello All,

New to the community and looking for some advice with a recent issue on my CMax (2008 1.8l petrol Zetec). One evening both the 'Engine Malfunction' and 'Rear Brake Light Failure' error messages appeared when driving around 30-35mph, there was no loss of power or any other problem and restarting the car cleared the messages. However since then whenever I put the ignition on 3 warning lights appear on the dashboard for 15 seconds and there is no electrical control (windows, lights, radio etc) at all. Then it disappears and everything works and runs fine.

The dash lights are (attached picture also):

- Engine warning

- Traction control

- Up shift gear (don't even have this function in the car)

Hope your expertise can help identifying the issue before taking it to a garage and spending a fortune on diagnosis.

Many thanks,

Szabi

Screenshot_20200108-113723~2.png

It could well be an instrument cluster problem this is a fault on some focus models and the Cmax is a focus, so it may well be worth asking in the focus section.

On 1/9/2020 at 9:36 AM, pragmatix said:

It could well be an instrument cluster problem this is a fault on some focus models and the Cmax is a focus, so it may well be worth asking in the focus section.

Thanks, I will check on the focus feed also.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club