Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brand New 1.4 Titanium Individual

parv1

Hi

I have collected a new Titanium yesterday, and have just noticed that it doesnt have a spare wheel. Should all cars come with a spare wheel?

Also, the boot light is not working. I think they forgot to put the bulb back in to the holder.

Would you take the care back and get them to fix the headlight and give me a spare wheel, or just leave it and do it all myself?

the spare wheel is a optional extra if i am not mistaken, but the boot light aint so that should work!

You may find instead of a spare tyre a can of tyre gunk to fill the puncture until you make it home .... when then the tyre has to go and be replaced.

I think I paid £30 for the spare wheel option. I'm assuming there is a jack included - I'd better go and check that, lol

Optional extra!!!!!!!

I thought spare wheel was standard? I am amazed!

Ridiculous

Yep, obviously a wheel would add weight to the car. So by making the spare wheel an optional extra Ford are allowed to publish their CO2 emissions for the Fiesta without the added weight of the wheel ... Which would reduce emissions. Basically they did it to make the car sound more environmentally friendly.

Bit stupid really.

I'm surprised that they didn't mention it when you were spec'ing up your car - most dealers will try their best to sell you every option under the sun given half a chance....or they offer to throw it in for free to seal the deal.

I don't think its only Ford, a lot of car makers will charge extra for the spare wheel option, its gone from having a full size spare to a space saver spare to no spare at all!

Optional extra!!!!!!!

I thought spare wheel was standard? I am amazed!

Ridiculous

You bought a new car and never read the brochure to see what was standard and what was optional? I am amazed!

I got mine for free... a little chit chat will get it for free for you! also you may get to keep the can like I did in the end hehe

I got mine for free... a little chit chat will get it for free for you! also you may get to keep the can like I did in the end hehe

I went to the dealer's today, and no luck. They wouldn't give it to me for free :(

I went to the dealer's today, and no luck. They wouldn't give it to me for free :(

Why would they? They are there to make money.

Why would they? They are there to make money.

Yes, you are correct indeed. They are also there to provide a good product at a reasonable price based on market forces.

Customer service should also be paramount in any business. :D

Oh well, my chatting up skills need more work to try some other time :P

Once the deal's done and the contract's signed you lose any bargaining power unfortunately. It's a shame as the buying process could be all the more enjoyable if dealers held a different set of values.

Once the deal's done and the contract's signed you lose any bargaining power unfortunately. It's a shame as the buying process could be all the more enjoyable if dealers held a different set of values.

See, I don't agree.

When I'm buying something that's going to cost me £11k, then I do every piece of homeowrk I can, leave no stone untuirned. Before I bought my Fiesta, I knew every option that was avialble for the car whether it was a cost option or no cost option. I knew what would options would benefit me and I knew what would not. I was on here regularly, gaining all the info I could, I searched the internet for the best deals, visited my local dealers to see what they said and could offer and only then did I go out and buy the car. Doing this, I got everything I wanted, nothing I want retrofitting and am 100% happy with the car, the dealer and the price I paid. It was a faultless transaction aided by ME doing the research before I bought the car.

This is where a lot of buyers are falling down and that's not the fault of anyone but themselves and that is why I don't have much sympathy.

I don't quite know what you're implying here but trust me... I knew exactly what I was talking about when it came to buying my car.

I'm not referring to the fact that people don't know enough about their potential purchases, more the point that dealers only care about you until you've signed the contract - following which they're not interested at all. Surely brand loyalty and repeat custom should be fairly high on the agenda for a dealer? Unfortunately from my experience it's not at all - stack 'em high and sell 'em cheap.

I saw the box, but for some reason what so ever, I didn't tick it, and it was fine, until, this being my 4th car, I hit a huge pothole, bending the wheel, and so needed one, so bought a full blown wheel off eBay, but might risk taking it out!

I don't quite know what you're implying here but trust me... I knew exactly what I was talking about when it came to buying my car.

I'm not referring to the fact that people don't know enough about their potential purchases, more the point that dealers only care about you until you've signed the contract - following which they're not interested at all. Surely brand loyalty and repeat custom should be fairly high on the agenda for a dealer? Unfortunately from my experience it's not at all - stack 'em high and sell 'em cheap.

Your reply about dealers was in response to someone being preturbed that when they asked for a free spare wheel, they weren't offered one. Do you believe the dealer should have offered one?

I'm not implying you've done anything or was anyway blase before you bought your car, it was a general statement based on the amount of people on here who have complained they haven't got a spare wheel with their car. That is only one person's fault, nobody else's.

I saw the box, but for some reason what so ever, I didn't tick it, and it was fine, until, this being my 4th car, I hit a huge pothole, bending the wheel, and so needed one, so bought a full blown wheel off eBay, but might risk taking it out!

Why would you take it out?

Your reply about dealers was in response to someone being preturbed that when they asked for a free spare wheel, they weren't offered one. Do you believe the dealer should have offered one?

I'm not implying you've done anything or was anyway blase before you bought your car, it was a general statement based on the amount of people on here who have complained they haven't got a spare wheel with their car. That is only one person's fault, nobody else's.

Fair enough, the wording just confused me somewhat. :)

To be honest had I been the dealer and in the position to make the decision then yes, I probably would have gave the spare wheel for free - as long as it wouldn't cost me much to do so and the customer isn't taking the Michael with what they are asking for. Little things like that would ensure that if I was looking to buy another Ford in the future, I'd let that dealer have the first crack of the whip and genuinely want to buy the car from them (providing the deal was good).

I agree with the point above saying that the dealer should have offered the options.

If i was a dealer, i would be offering everything that I could in order to increase the value of the sale and thereford my

commission.

I think my original post may have missed some details out. The car was sitting in the showroom, all ready and all i had to do

sign the acceptance form and pay the deposit. I assumed it had a spare wheel, like all the previous fiesta's I have bought.

Lesson learnt. I normally am quite thorough in researching things I purchase. I must've got caught up in the new car

experience :)

Hopefully this conversation will help others if they want a spare wheel and now know to ask for it.

I'm still chatting to the dealer and slowly trying to get him to get me a spare wheel. B) which i dont mind paying for but only

want to pay for option fee, not the amount they want after purchase (£120)!!!.

mine was sat there outside a dealership when i got it, it wasn't custom made to fit what i wanted or anything so i consider myself lucky that it came with a spare because nothing like that was even discussed!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club