Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Please - MK3 Preface Sat Nav Screen

Kev Harper

Hi, looking for some advice. I have a 2014 Titanium model with the Sony radio unit and sat nav / reversing camera. One half of the screen has been blank / vertical lines for the last few weeks - so I have assumed I need a new LCD panel. The quote i have received from Ford is in excess of £700... (still cant believe that is for the screen only)!

There is one complete unit on eBay which looks to be correct - Is this the best option, or can you buy an aftermarket screen only? Any advice would be much appreciated, the car cant justify a high level of spend - even the eBay price is going to sting!

I did read the upgrade post - looks a doable piece, but again more time than i would like to invest in this car...

Cheers,

Kev

Def don't buy from Ford and pay that much. As long as you find a compatible screen online (eBay) it's a simple swap, 10 min job.

Is it the 5" screen and do you have SYNC 1 or 1.1?

James

Thanks for the response. Its the 5" screen - not sure on the version. Am i just as well pulling the old one to check the correct number to ensure i get the right one? I assume there are quite a few different models...

Yes, it will take 5 minutes and is easy. Worth checking.

Keep an eye on eBay. I got mine from a breakers who probably didn’t realise it was the sat nav screen. Think it was about £40 delivered

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully final one from me on this.

My unit is a F1BT 18B955 DA. Can anyone tell me if a F1BT 18B955 DC will work, or if any other screen is compatible?

Thanks,

Kev

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club