Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Fiesta 1.0 MP140 upgrade

Sam Richards 231

Hello i have a mk8 ford fiesta 1.0 ecoboost 125 st-line 5dr and im looking to get the mk8 fiesta 1.0 mp140 upgrade - fully fitted at mountune hq. 

has any one had this done and what is the mpg like after its been upgraded 

many thansk sam 

Might be cheaper to put a bluefin on it, I'm sure that gives about 155?

• Thanks 1

I haven't done the upgrade on mine, but on my 140 engine i average about 41.5 mpg, but this all depends on where, when and how you drive.

• Like 1

Ok thank you i just thought id ask as was just wondering what people get thats all

I guess the advantage of the Mountune is that it preserves the factory warranty - depending when yours was first reg you could still have up to 20+ months left. If you're not worried, or prepared to wait until the warranty runs out, the Bluefin gives a bigger increase as the other guys have mentioned. Superchips do however offer their own limited supplementary warranty against damage caused by the remap.

With a remapped 125 you'll have higher gearing than a factory 140 which might give better mpg, my 140 has averaged around 45 but as Mathew says above, it's really down to driving technique and conditions.

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I guess the advantage of the Mountune is that it preserves the factory warranty - depending when yours was first reg you could still have up to 20+ months left. If you're not worried, or prepared to wait until the warranty runs out, the Bluefin gives a bigger increase as the other guys have mentioned. Superchips do however offer their own limited supplementary warranty against damage caused by the remap.

With a remapped 125 you'll have higher gearing than a factory 140 which might give better mpg, my 140 has averaged around 45 but as Mathew says above, it's really down to driving technique and conditions.

ye that was one of the things as the car is still in warrenty and thank you looking forward to geting it done now 😊

2 hours ago, Sam Richards 231 said:

ye that was one of the things as the car is still in warrenty and thank you looking forward to geting it done now 😊

Factor in increased insurance costs also as the car will become modified.

Hi.

If you have any issues with insurance for this type of conversion then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

I didn't think there was an upgrade for the mk8 1.0 ecoboost out yet. No mention of it on mk8 section of Mountune's  website.  I know there is one for the mk7.  Will the package (intercooler, airbox, pipes and map) be compatible for the Mk8, I didn't think they were?

19 hours ago, Sam Richards 231 said:

I must have missed that, it's not obvious on their website. After a quick search today, I found this thread when it first came out.

I do hope at some point they'll do a upgrade for the Mk8 140 fiesta.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2020 at 9:12 AM, Matthew McGuinness said:

I haven't done the upgrade on mine, but on my 140 engine i average about 41.5 mpg, but this all depends on where, when and how you drive.

I have the 140ps and managing around 44.6 mpg, it depends how it's driven even where you live.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jim H said:

I do hope at some point they'll do a upgrade for the Mk8 140 fiesta.

I asked Mountune that question at the time of my original post in 2018 and was told they had no current plans. Seen nothing more since.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club