Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Make 2012 Zetec interior feel more modern? (Also small cheap easy mod ideas)

Tjransley

Hello!

I bought a 2012 Focus Zetec 125 today, first time I've spent some real money in a car. I've been saving for a House for a while but I really couldn't put this off any longer.

I had to choose between a titanium with 60k on it, or a Zetec with 40k on the clock for the same price. I went with the Zetec. I'm very happy with it! Drives like new, but I must admit I'm missing a lot of the extras that come with the titanium.

I was wondering if any of those extras (upgraded centre screen, newer trip computer etc) are easily transferrable into a Zetec? It'd be nice to have the best of both worlds! I'm still trying to figure out which features this car even has. I think it has start stop, but it's yet to kick in. It has rear parking sensors which is cool.

Other than that, if there's any small and easy interior/exterior mods I can do just to make the car look a little slicker, and a little smarter on the inside, let me know because that'd be awesome! Totally new to al

You should've gone for the Titanium if you want spec...  Nothing is a simple upgrade on the Zetec unfortunately.

Over Zetec, Titanium would've come with:
Auto lights, auto wipers, auto dimming rear view mirror
Climate control
Cruise control
Premium sound system
Red ambient lighting
Luxury cloth interior
One touch electric windows all round with global closing
Etc, etc, etc...

The bigger dash wasn't actually standard on the Titanium from 2012 onwards, it was only fitted with the optional sat nav upgrade.  It is possible to retrofit the bigger dash but you'd have to code the cluster to your car and adjust the mileage to suit.  

• Like 1

The display about the radio is easy enough to change, just make sure you get one that starts with the same part number as currently fitted is my understanding. So if your display starts AM5T then need one that starts the same, if it is BM5T then get a BM5T etc. I've done it myself on mine and my partners cars replacing the basic one with the 4.2" display. Depending on what display you get, you may find that you end up with a gap around edge of the display and the fascia, I got some pieces of perspex cut to the shape of the hole to cover the gap. 

Same for the speedo, it is easy enough to change but as Tom mentions, the mileage will need adjusting and can only be adjusted upwards, also need to make sure you don't get one from a facelift model. 

On 2/12/2020 at 2:26 AM, Tjransley said:

Hello!

I bought a 2012 Focus Zetec 125 today, first time I've spent some real money in a car. I've been saving for a House for a while but I really couldn't put this off any longer.

I had to choose between a titanium with 60k on it, or a Zetec with 40k on the clock for the same price. I went with the Zetec. I'm very happy with it! Drives like new, but I must admit I'm missing a lot of the extras that come with the titanium.

I was wondering if any of those extras (upgraded centre screen, newer trip computer etc) are easily transferrable into a Zetec? It'd be nice to have the best of both worlds! I'm still trying to figure out which features this car even has. I think it has start stop, but it's yet to kick in. It has rear parking sensors which is cool.

Other than that, if there's any small and easy interior/exterior mods I can do just to make the car look a little slicker, and a little smarter on the inside, let me know because that'd be awesome! Totally new to al

Hi everyone I’m also in the same boat! I’ve bought a Fiesta Zetec S 2009 reg and the main thing I want to upgrade is the stereo to the new Sony one with the new screen. Can anyone tell me if this is possible? Thanks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club