Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Panoramic Roof

sastley

Any reason to avoid mk4's with a panoramic roof? Any common faults or horror stories?

They can rattle when closed but  be fixable by a ford dealership

• Like 1

Very nice upgrade, well worth the money, looks good inside and out. They rattle but Ford know about it and there is a replacement part that will cure it.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 9:34 PM, SDHXIII said:

Very nice upgrade, well worth the money, looks good inside and out. They rattle but Ford know about it and there is a replacement part that will cure it.

My MkIV has been in dearlership twice already for rattle from pano sunroof. All they do is keep cleaning runners and lubricating. Do you know what the replacement part is that will cure the rattle ? Cheers

I really like a sunroof, my Mk4 roof is working perfectly (fingers are firmly crossed). The only thing I would change to is to have a double blind as it takes a really long time for the blind to fully retract / deploy.

Love mine, not heard any rattles from it, didn't know this was a thing until I saw this thread. And makes a really nice contrast in colour on the car (unless you have black in which case you can't really see it)

Not actually had it open other than on the latch as its done nothing but rain since I bought the car but still

• 6 months later...

My MkIV has been in dearlership twice already for rattle from pano sunroof. All they do is keep cleaning runners and lubricating. Do you know what the replacement part is that will cure the rattle ? Cheers

I would be interested in that part too.

On 10/13/2020 at 12:29 PM, jb_68 said:

My MkIV has been in dearlership twice already for rattle from pano sunroof. All they do is keep cleaning runners and lubricating. Do you know what the replacement part is that will cure the rattle ? Cheers

I would be interested in that part too.

Thanks.

Have the pano roof on mine and wonder if I have the rattle now.. not sure if it’s just me but I mainly notice when it’s hot - going over bumps in the road I’d say the roof creeks more than rattles, didn’t think much of it when I got it in July (and only done just shy of 5k miles due to lockdown) but now wondering if it’s worth taking into fords!

one of the reasons we bought the focus active x, is the sunroof, not had one for years, love it.. to help keep it in good order i used silicone spray on all rubbers and plastic moving parts... no issues at all..

• 2 months later...

I've just bought an active X with the pano roof.  I've just read in the manual you can't use roof rails.  Anyone using them?  I want to carry a roof box and occasionally bikes.  Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club