Do Not Sell My Personal Information

how to change leds in switches

mrmetallica

ive been searching for how toos on the above but cant find owt any no where it is ?

The LEDs in almost all switches require soldering to remove and replace with other colours, whilst in order to do so the switches themselves will require removal and careful disassembly. Some are easier to get to, remove and disassemble than others, but they're so varied and you have to err on the side of caution with regards to resistance values as going overboard could result in drawing too much or too little current from one circuit which can have some impact - Red for example will pull less power than Green, but it all depends what you want to do and given the copious amounts of combinations you might be hard pressed to find an easy guide that covers enough to keep things basic and risk free.

Which in particular are you wanting to swap out?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WireyWhenWet said:

The LEDs in almost all switches require soldering to remove and replace with other colours, whilst in order to do so the switches themselves will require removal and careful disassembly. Some are easier to get to, remove and disassemble than others, but they're so varied and you have to err on the side of caution with regards to resistance values as going overboard could result in drawing too much or too little current from one circuit which can have some impact - Red for example will pull less power than Green, but it all depends what you want to do and given the copious amounts of combinations you might be hard pressed to find an easy guide that covers enough to keep things basic and risk free.

Which in particular are you wanting to swap out?

i want to change them to blue. im sure ive seen a how to some where

18 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

This one maybe?

That is one awful amount of work, to change colour!

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

That is one awful amount of work, to change colour!

Agreed 😃

5 hours ago, F0CUE said:

This one maybe?

ive done the speedo but was sure there was a how to on the switches mainly for the sizes of the leds mainly not so much how to

On 3/12/2020 at 1:53 PM, mrmetallica said:

ive done the speedo but was sure there was a how to on the switches mainly for the sizes of the leds mainly not so much how to

Ahh gotcha. Unfortunately I'm not sure on that one (yet..) but it's something I'm looking at in the bear future; if it manage to get round to it on mine I'll make a guide but it's not quite the top of my list at the moment.

• Like 1

Ahh gotcha. Unfortunately I'm not sure on that one (yet..) but it's something I'm looking at in the bear future; if it manage to get round to it on mine I'll make a guide but it's not quite the top of my list at the moment.

i just find it hard working out what leds to use.

was there not a how to on hear before ?

The only one I've come across recently when looking has been this one.

I vaguely remember seeing something else quite some time ago, but I can't seem to find it.

• Like 1

The only one I've come across recently when looking has been this one.

I vaguely remember seeing something else quite some time ago, but I can't seem to find it.

yeah i found that one

There is always modified blue ones on eBay. No luck finding any guides only coming across with later versions or MK1.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

There is always modified blue ones on eBay. No luck finding any guides only coming across with later versions or MK1.

same hear never mind ill just have to work out the sizes my self cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club