Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Coronavirus-A Light Hearted Thread

Turvey

Jesus: I can't wait to hear what they've called the day where I was brutally beaten, forced to carry a heavy cross and then nailed to it for a slow & painful death...

Jesus: Oh. :shock: 

Happy Good Friday everyone! :biggrin: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A local quite large Co-Op near me built a wall of Easter eggs in order to block and direct customers in one direction, the Easter eggs weren't selling so they were obviously making good use of them.

• Like 1

My partner showed her NHS card at Waitrose this morning and then they gave her an Easter egg

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Jesus: I can't wait to hear what they've called the day where I was brutally beaten, forced to carry a heavy cross and then nailed to it for a slow & painful death...

Jesus: Oh. :shock: 

Happy Good Friday everyone! :biggrin: 

• Like 7

Bit of an Irish one this but I'm sure you can relate 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

Talking of the Irish...  There was a good sitcom on recently called My Left Nut, worth a watch on iPlayer if you missed it! :biggrin: 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Talking of the Irish...  There was a good sitcom on recently called My Left Nut, worth a watch on iPlayer if you missed it! :biggrin: 

I'll have a look as I haven't saw or heard of it,

Only television I get to watch these days is in the car on my lunch breaks 😅

I've had the television aerials sitting on the bonnet in work where I'm delighted to say; I can get all the local stations perfectly,

I've since stuck the two aerials to the inside of the windscreen as there supposed to be fitted but sadly now I cant get anything atall 😥

I'm now in search for a good amplified tv aerial for the car with an F-type connection; then purchase two of them,

I'm not a fan of driving around with extra aerials on display, so I may keep them in the boot and put them on the roof when parked at work; shame the strip aerials don't work through tinted glass,

These ones seem to be good though: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yudanny-Antenna-Outdoor-Freeview-Portable/dp/B07SYNW6DC/ref=sr_1_191?dchild=1&keywords=august+amplified+aerial&qid=1586625638&sr=8-191 

Theres not much information oug there about tv aerials for cars 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lenny said:

That's hilarious definitely my sense of humour!! :laugh:

• Haha 1

Bit off topic here but I have a question for you guys whom know me for a good while now and I want to ask a question: 

I'm doing a blue belt project at work to save the company time & money,

I've completed the project part: I've taken two cleaning procedures and combined them in to one single 26 page document aswell as restructuring the entire process which utilizes the operators time; saving ten hours on the duration of the cleaning process allowing that time for increased production.

I've had to write a detailed list of every change made to the procedure and create a power point presentation to explain why I did it, and my findings etc. 

Now all said and done here is where I'm stuck:

I'm useless with Microsoft Excel 🤷‍♂️

And I need to create a bar chart to show; how my new cleaning procedure is more Efficient compared to the existing one.

I have done a time analysis of three previous cleaning cycles 

And I have just received the first time cycle for my newly created procedure 

I'm looking to create a chart like this 

0-07645-8473-1_0406.thumb.jpg.88cbea1a7bc854f4fdc36ae117bd3d9a.jpg

With the numbers along the bottom being 24 hour segments,

I have an editable chart much like the one shown above; in my PowerPoint presentation and I can edit some figures of it; in Microsoft office Excell but I don't know how to change the figures on the bottom row,

Would any of you be able to create an excel file for me to reflect time in such a way that it displays like the above?  

I'm willing to pay 10 pounds via PayPal if you could,

Maximum table length needs to be 5 days or 120 hours 

Thanks very much 

• Like 1

I'm doing that sort of thing every day, I let the dog lick the dinner plates before I load them in the dish washer, it utilises some of the dog's time and saves around half the normal cycle time in the dish washer, I didn't need to do a project or print out any calculus for this time saving process and the only presentation needed was to present the plates to the dog.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm too tight to pay for excel, I just use OpenOffice Calc! :laugh:

12 hours ago, Lenny said:

Bit off topic here but I have a question for you guys whom know me for a good while now and I want to ask a question: 

I'm doing a blue belt project at work to save the company time & money,

I've completed the project part: I've taken two cleaning procedures and combined them in to one single 26 page document aswell as restructuring the entire process which utilizes the operators time; saving ten hours on the duration of the cleaning process allowing that time for increased production.

I've had to write a detailed list of every change made to the procedure and create a power point presentation to explain why I did it, and my findings etc. 

Now all said and done here is where I'm stuck:

I'm useless with Microsoft Excel 🤷‍♂️

And I need to create a bar chart to show; how my new cleaning procedure is more Efficient compared to the existing one.

I have done a time analysis of three previous cleaning cycles 

And I have just received the first time cycle for my newly created procedure 

I'm looking to create a chart like this 

0-07645-8473-1_0406.thumb.jpg.88cbea1a7bc854f4fdc36ae117bd3d9a.jpg

With the numbers along the bottom being 24 hour segments,

I have an editable chart much like the one shown above; in my PowerPoint presentation and I can edit some figures of it; in Microsoft office Excell but I don't know how to change the figures on the bottom row,

Would any of you be able to create an excel file for me to reflect time in such a way that it displays like the above?  

I'm willing to pay 10 pounds via PayPal if you could,

Maximum table length needs to be 5 days or 120 hours 

Thanks very much 

Hi Lenny

I’m pretty handy with excel but I don’t really understand what you’re trying to do. I don’t want paid but if I can help I will. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Finance Guy said:

Hi Lenny

I’m pretty handy with excel but I don’t really understand what you’re trying to do. I don’t want paid but if I can help I will. 

If I've understood correctly, where that chart has 0, 20, 40 along the bottom.  Lenny wants to change his to 1, 2, 3, to show a whole 24 hours in individual hourly slots.  I have no idea if that's even possible though.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 12:45 PM, iantt said:

My partner showed her NHS card at Waitrose this morning and then they gave her an Easter egg

Should try that with my NHS volunteers card 😂. Sometimes I wonder if I should just go to my hospital. If I get stopped by the police at least I have my card to show them and that I'm dressed appropriately for the job

21 hours ago, The Finance Guy said:

Hi Lenny

Thanks mate,

And sorry to distract from the thread; I can private message you; 

What I'm looking to create is a bar chart that I can use to display the duration of a cleaning process.

You see; there is a cleaning procedure currently in effect which I have records to show how long the process took from start to finish,

Times for existing procedure took

197 hours

63 hours 15 minutes 

118 hours 30 minutes

89 hours 15 minutes 

83 hours 5 minutes 

I've since written a brand new procedure which is much more Efficient by an estimated 10 hours minimum 

I need to create a bar chart which shows those times as the original process 

And a comparison bar which shows the new procedure time which has been put in to trial once and took 48 hours 15 minutes 

Is there some way I could display that,

For my PowerPoint presentation 

Thanks very much

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Thanks mate,

What I'm looking to create is a bar chart that I can use to display the duration of a cleaning process.

You see; there is a cleaning procedure currently in effect which I have records to show how long the process took from start to finish,

197 hours

63 hours 15 minutes 

118 hours 30 minutes

89 hours 15 minutes 

83 hours 5 minutes 

I've since written a brand new procedure which is much more Efficient by an estimated 10 hours minimum 

And a comparison bar which shows the new procedure time which has been put in to trial once and took 48 hours 15 minutes 

Like this 

20200414_181511.thumb.jpg.69db68e0df0d9dd9d678e1f1a943038c.jpg

Thanks very much

PM me and I’ll give you an email address to send the data to and I’ll give it a shot. Can’t make any promises of course but happy to try. 

• Thanks 1

The above posts, don't seam "Light Hearted" so getting back to the true topic:

92924294-2872492632807594-46342211320089

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

Thanks mate,

197 hours

63 hours 15 minutes 

118 hours 30 minutes

89 hours 15 minutes 

83 hours 5 minutes 

Like this 

20200414_181511.thumb.jpg.69db68e0df0d9dd9d678e1f1a943038c.jpg

Thanks very much

Is this what you had in mind.

AD371726-7640-467D-AA93-C6639E402330.png

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Is this what you had in mind.

AD371726-7640-467D-AA93-C6639E402330.png

Yep managed to get it sorted out looks ok now 

20200414_212202.thumb.jpg.47e16bd21a3e3c5aa0d5e4da8a16ae18.jpg

Just a rough guide to show the difference in time between the two procedures for a short power point presentation; wont ever be looked at again afterwards 

• Like 2

Thats good [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

A couple of light hearted pics and one of me and the wife all togged up, our daughter wants to do her bit too.20e3427ae9d0ef2942360c44f0f63f2e.jpg8c69f4baa1e65b05a3b26185bb3b38c5.jpg7f214b87e3bcaee7f5ba9624f9545d80.jpg78121d4849ff6460c6ddea8a4808aee2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jim H said:

The above posts, don't seam "Light Hearted" so getting back to the true topic:

92924294-2872492632807594-46342211320089

Very true 😂😂 heres one I did recently during lock down and found myself going further in the restoration process because I couldn't pass the job on to someone else to resolve 

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/115717-rusty-seat-rail-repair/

Thankfully I didn't lose any items though, 

• Like 1

20200414_154003.thumb.jpg.fedc88d5a7dfc777320e8be0516b7fbe.jpg

saw this one down at Lidl yesterday made me laugh looks like a teddy 

Also 

IMG-20200414-WA0008.thumb.jpg.c3a189ae87ffca6489c7d357c53a708b.jpg

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club