Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What parts do they change on a engine replacement?

Godlygaz

Hi all,

Weird question that isn't fixed by looking at the receipt from my ecoboost engine replacement.

Does anyone know what parts are replaced when the ecoboost engines went pop?

All mine says is 'engine assembly ' replacement and various bolts etc.

I suppose what I am really asking is can I reset the counter on getting a timing belt change?

Thanks

Gary

Just now, Godlygaz said:

Hi all,

Weird question that isn't fixed by looking at the receipt from my ecoboost engine replacement.

Does anyone know what parts are replaced when the ecoboost engines went pop?

All mine says is 'engine assembly ' replacement and various bolts etc.

I suppose what I am really asking is can I reset the counter on getting a timing belt change?

Thanks

Gary

If the receipt is from the garage that actually carried out of the work, I'd suggest contacting the garage and requesting they produce a more detailed breakdown.  If there was a "middle man" and the receipt if from that party, they would be the people you need to contact.  It's a perfectly reasonable request so I can't see why the appropriate party wouldn't produce it when requested.

True , but I don't think it exists, the engine was replaced before I got the car so although ford are saying it was replaced etc etc. I only have the receipt to go on. So wanted to know what the standard is when these are replaced because of the coolant issues making them blow up

There are basically 2 different possibilities to replace an engine.

To save a lot of labour a defective engine is usually replaced by a service engine. A service engine is basically a complete engine without any auxiliary parts or other parts that are bolted onto the engine. A service engine can be either a complete new engine or a factory rebuild engine.

MnOIseQ.jpg

A service engine includes a new timing belt (in case of the 1.0 ECOboost 2 wetbelts). All auxiliary parts and other parts that are bolted onto the engine need to be removed from the original engine and installed onto the new service engine.

It is however also possible to only replace the bottom end (short block).

GpAxsPS.jpg

A bottom end (Short block) only consists of the crankcase, crankshaft, connecting rods, pistons and piston rings. All other parts need to be removed from the old bottom end and installed onto the new bottom end. All gaskets, seals, wetbelts and other parts that are considered to be non-reusable need to be replaced. Replacing the bottom end only is cheaper but much more labour intensive.

Either way if the engine replacement was performed conform Ford specifications the timing belt (wetbelts) will be new and the replacement interval will be 10 Years / 150.000 Miles from the date / mileage that the engine was replaced.

• Like 2

Perfect!

Thanks for that, very helpful!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club