Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Smart Watches.

jace1969

I just have a normal day-to-day watch but do a lot on here have smart watches linked to their phone.

I would need a good battery life and would have it mainly for notifications from my phone and also not mad prices,i see a lot of nurses/cares have them who come round.

I'm using a Galaxy S10.

I use an S3 Frontier, decent kit.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I've got the Samsung Galaxy Watch 42mm, it's excellent. About a 4day battery and you can make and receive calls as well as recieving and responding to messages. All the alarms come via the watch too.
I didn't like the original strap so got a new metal one and it looks brilliant now

30 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

I've got the Samsung Galaxy Watch 42mm, it's excellent. About a 4day battery and you can make and receive calls as well as recieving and responding to messages. All the alarms come via the watch too.
I didn't like the original strap so got a new metal one and it looks brilliant now

I was looking at this the 42mm one,does all the notifications work like text/ebay/amazon/email and stuff and you say about 4 days on a charge,can my s10 charge it.

So its not the Active one just the Galaxy 42mm.

Did also look at the Fitbit versa 2 as there not a bad price.

Not sure about eBay or amazon as I haven't got those notifications turned on.

The S10 won't charge it, it has a dedicated charger

29 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Not sure about eBay or Amazon as I haven't got those notifications turned on.

The S10 won't charge it, it has a dedicated charger

So its the Samsung Galaxy active 42mm as i think there is a 44 and 46mm but a bit to big.

So now wireless charge as it says the galaxy active 42mm has Qi wireless as some come with the charger

Is this like the one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-Watch-42mm-Midnight-Black/dp/B07GBFFF9K/ref=sr_1_3?crid=17KYPZUMX19D4&keywords=galaxy+watch+42mm&qid=1584445303&sprefix=galaxy+watch%2Caps%2C212&sr=8-3&swrs=542A1EA82BFDFBD96B84EC170787D414

And also are these Fitbit ones any good.

Just to see if i get into it im going to try a £36 one off amazon on offer and seems good and over 1000 reviews with touching 5 stars and good 7+day battery.

Looked at reviews on YouTube and shows you it with very good review.

Just realised it is the 46mm Samsung Watch, not the active one I've got. Just been online to check and when o bought mine I only paid £199 for it, they have fairly shot up in price!

I love mine, I traded 'up' from a gear fit pro and this is obviously streets ahead. If you can find a watch that does the same as the galaxy watch then go for it. This one is waterproof and has a mode to get any droplets out of the watch by using sound waves.

I've got a metal link V-moro strap on mine now so it looks more like a 'dress watch' which suits my job better lol8fae1efbe65adfbc3fbf26288e8f8c67.jpg198a02ae11edeaf6cb45b966e3569aa7.jpgaadf59c7a7b64f0511a1a8f945d2899e.jpg707add0b92d7477f78fb6998620156db.jpga16aea53567d4602833f17e034fec579.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Just realised it is the 46mm Samsung Watch, not the active one I've got. Just been online to check and when o bought mine I only paid £199 for it, they have fairly shot up in price!

I love mine, I traded 'up' from a gear fit pro and this is obviously streets ahead. If you can find a watch that does the same as the galaxy watch then go for it. This one is waterproof and has a mode to get any droplets out of the watch by using sound waves.

I've got a metal link V-moro strap on mine now so it looks more like a 'dress watch' which suits my job better lol8fae1efbe65adfbc3fbf26288e8f8c67.jpg198a02ae11edeaf6cb45b966e3569aa7.jpgaadf59c7a7b64f0511a1a8f945d2899e.jpg707add0b92d7477f78fb6998620156db.jpga16aea53567d4602833f17e034fec579.jpg

That's a dam nice watch,i read about this but a bit pricey for me for a trial to see if i can get into them,it doesn't support 3rd party apps does it.

I was looking at the Fitbit versa 2 being only £100 area and only thing it mainly lacks is GPS which i would go through phone but did want a selection of apps if possible to mess with.

• Like 1

My S3 Frontier-

9bd445d341d74c8db9e13d4649667e5b.jpg

d4631e341581199e4262868149b628c1.jpg

I changed the rubber strap out for a military webbing type as I find them far more comfortable and hardwearing.

Combined with a bezel ring for added screen protection and a case skin to stop scratches and dings.

Full app notifications, Alexa access and plenty of different faces to make the watch as personalised as I wish.

The Galaxy watch is a pretty expensive option when looking for a smart watch, but I thought it was worth it. I'm not sure if it is compatible with Alexa but I would imagine it is, it's got Bixby.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07ZT6H8N7/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_VaFCEb9VVH6S6

The Galaxy watch is a pretty expensive option when looking for a smart watch, but I thought it was worth it. I'm not sure if it is compatible with Alexa but I would imagine it is, it's got Bixby.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07ZT6H8N7/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_VaFCEb9VVH6S6

Just got one like yours,its got the magnetic charger pod ain't it.
This is a Samsung smart watch 46mm and it's only 2 months old all in box mint £110,its the 800 or something.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

How do you tell if its the u.k one as chap said he brought it 2 months ago for £299 and he has 406 feedback 100%

Just had the watch and what an amazing watch and loads on it.

There is just a few things.

How can you tell if it's the u.k .

Is there good new faces to add as i wanted one with a % or number on the battery level as i can only find the digital one or a finger which is like 0 50 100 and dots between.

I use Facer, loads of watch faces to suit all tastes.
You can even try making your own if you're feeling creative.

I use Facer, loads of watch faces to suit all tastes.
You can even try making your own if you're feeling creative.

Just getting into it a bit now but there are loads.
Can I tell if its uk one or are they just all the same.

Afsik the watches are the same.

Afsik the watches are the same.

Do you just do it on your phone or direct on the watch.

Add the app to your phone and also to the watch.
Select Facer as the default watch face and then select which one you want via the phone app and transfer to the watch.

3 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

eca682f1891ae710714ff85852d35242.jpg

Cheers stoney,have a mess now see what i can find.

• Like 1

Glad I asked about smart watches now as this is amazing bit of kit.
Connected to wifi and gets all my notifications and calls.
Is there a good app to monitor stuff for your phone as I got the hear app for setting,like daily stuff.
Cheers to all for the great advice.

• Like 1

Smart watches is all new to me so leaning and slowly getting into it.

Spoke to Samsung on online chat just to see if the watch is Genuine and u.k and how old etc.

The watch was new the start of November 2019 so only 5 months old and said it is a u.k one and i don't need the receipt just the watch and box with serial but im getting receipt sent.

These have 2 years cover so still over 18months left so say 18months as for a few weeks but the thing i didn't know is the New Samsung watch which is this one in not called a frontier or a gear 3 its just called......... Samsung Galaxy watch 42mm or 46mm there is no name as she said they combined the frontier and gear3 into the ...42/46mm watch and she new that off the serial number and date when new as it just came up Samsung Galaxy 46mm so i think i have had a good deal putting it together as being only just over 5 months old and going for around £299 new like amazon or other places a bit less not that bad....................Just a bit of info on the watches in general.

battery so far aint that bad,been messing loads yesterday setting up from 10.30 and up to now on 48% so if i can get today/night its been 2 full days with a lot of messing so i say 4 days.

I have a Sony Smartwatch 2, I can sum it up in one word, gimmick. I know things have moved on a bit and they've changed a fair bit but they are still a gimmick. Anyone want to buy a Sony Smartwatch 2?

45 minutes ago, Milkman said:
I have a Sony Smartwatch 2, I can sum it up in one word, gimmick. I know things have moved on a bit and they've changed a fair bit but they are still a gimmick. Anyone want to buy a Sony Smartwatch 2?

I only had one because we have carers round now as I'm 24/7 carer and loads have the Fitbit versa 2 and it was so helpful if phone rang or messages as they just look at the watch and that would help me a lot in the house like downstairs or sorting dad out,just a toy but this is amazing thing and if it helps it's a good toy for me lol.

I either got e45 on my hands or there wet or got gloves on for Hygiene so i can't always pick up the phone.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club