Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 2006 Focus Clutch change

LTIronWolf

Hi all, quick question - have any of you tackled a clutch change yourself? Any advice to give?

The clutch has practically gone on my 2006 Focus at 85k miles - slipping clutch, pedal is dead and loose, and the clutch bites very late so I've taken it upon myself to change the clutch.

One thing I wanted to ask was whether there's a mechanical difference between a Mk2 Focus and a Mk2.5 (facelift). I've found a video that details the procedure for a 2010 facelift, but I don't know if there's any difference between Mk2 and Mk2.5 or if I can simply follow the video as the same steps apply.

28 minutes ago, LTIronWolf said:

Hi all, quick question - have any of you tackled a clutch change yourself? Any advice to give?

The clutch has practically gone on my 2006 Focus at 85k miles - slipping clutch, pedal is dead and loose, and the clutch bites very late so I've taken it upon myself to change the clutch.

One thing I wanted to ask was whether there's a mechanical difference between a Mk2 Focus and a Mk2.5 (facelift). I've found a video that details the procedure for a 2010 facelift, but I don't know if there's any difference between Mk2 and Mk2.5 or if I can simply follow the video as the same steps apply.

Sorry I thought I had a Haynes to offer you but I’ve just been and can’t see the Focus one. Must have loaned it to someone. 

Just now, The Finance Guy said:

Hey I think I’ve got a Haynes manual for that year - do you want photocopies or scans of the right pages?

I've actually got the Haynes manual for my car so you don't need to do that, but thanks anyway!

I personally prefer videos of the process as I can see exactly what's going on and I find it more informative, but I'll still resort to the Haynes manual.

Potentially a bit of a silly question, but do you need an alignment after a clutch change? Seeing as the front CV axles come out, would this affect the alignment in ant way?

2 minutes ago, LTIronWolf said:

I've actually got the Haynes manual for my car so you don't need to do that, but thanks anyway!

I personally prefer videos of the process as I can see exactly what's going on and I find it more informative, but I'll still resort to the Haynes manual.

Potentially a bit of a silly question, but do you need an alignment after a clutch change? Seeing as the front CV axles come out, would this affect the alignment in ant way?

No - CV axle just turns the wheel from the hub. Alignment is adjusted at the control arm 

Mechanically it isn’t going to be different - you should be able to follow the video for the most part. 

45 minutes ago, LTIronWolf said:

give this guy a look youtube  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLFbTVnY1UsqChkPBs7zdWgKevin-Albert Williams

Kevin-Albert Williams

• Like 1

Would this be of any use, there’s a part 2 as well?

23 minutes ago, dezwez said:

18 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Would this be of any use, there’s a part 2 as well?

Funnily enough, these are exactly the guides that I've been following. Looks like the procedure is more or less the same for Pre and Facelift?

12 minutes ago, LTIronWolf said:

Funnily enough, these are exactly the guides that I've been following. Looks like the procedure is more or less the same for Pre and Facelift?

I would’ve thought so, mechanically they should be exactly the same.

Let us know how it goes. On the fiesta forum and ka forum I have seen people say they changed the clutch and slave cylinder and put it all together and then found the clutch pipe didn’t fit on the slave cylinder as the new slave cylinder had different size hole. I don’t know if that can happen with focus also. So , make sure all new parts are checked carefully for correctness before you go too far.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club