Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gear Shift Trouble

BenWade7
聽Share

Hello Guys,

I think I have a problem with shifting into 1st gear it seemed to get stuck half way into it, like I feel I have to force it into gear I don't like that feeling?. Has anyone experienced this that can give me some advice?.

Thanks Ben

P.S- Yes I have my foot flat on the clutch LOL!

Is the mat trapped under the pedal get rid n try again to eliminate it 馃憤

Not sure you have the same 6 speed gearbox as my ST, but I tried this for a notchy 3rd gear and everything is much nicer now,
Super easy to do and seems like it will happen to all similar gearboxes over time,聽some have slightly different tabs but it's the same process.

One video showed a socket that had fallen into engine bay and was sat in the arms preventing fully engaging a gear.

Thanks Ian,

Yes I have a 6 speed gearbox and this video will help me get through this issue hopefully if not I have all the time in the world in this lockdown moment ha!.

Thanks Again

Ben

• 1 year later...
On 4/16/2020 at 4:34 PM, RAIDER32 said:

Not sure you have the same 6 speed gearbox as my ST, but I tried this for a notchy 3rd gear and everything is much nicer now,
Super easy to do and seems like it will happen to all similar gearboxes over time,聽some have slightly different tabs but it's the same process.

One video showed a socket that had fallen into engine bay and was sat in the arms preventing fully engaging a gear.

Video not available?聽

few lubricate the gear linkages

all cars end up with a different method, as engine, box and fitment varies, but many have ways to get lube somewhere external, it can make massive difference and should be part of routine servicing.

on her mk2 internally under the gator, both the silly nylon ball squeaks from being dry, I use white grease, the internal cables and connectors I use wd40 and outside i pulled off the plastic cover where the cables connected up, took them off and put copper-slip on the linages and more wd40 on the bits of the cables that are bare and it like a brand new car

always get some one to wiggle through the gears, especially reverse as you lube, that way your balls get coated nicely

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Botus said:

reverse as you lube, that way your balls get coated nicely

Nothing more to be said 馃ぃ

• Haha 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club