Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seat belt issues

Crafty14

Hi all,

I've had an issue with my fiesta where occasionally (and getting more frequently) my driver's side seat belt won't come out when I get in the car. No matter how gently and slowly I pull on it, it won't come out. I've literally been stuck in car parks for 10 minutes before trying to put my seat belt on. 

The only way I can get it on is to yank on it as hard as I can which seems to release it. 

This issue doesn't happen all the time, just occasionally but it's massively frustrating. I've tried fully retracting the belt and spraying it with some silicone spray to help lubricate it. But no joy. 

Is replacing the belt and retaining mechanism an easy job or something I need from a dealership? Any idea on cost?

Cheers!

I had this when I first bought my Fiesta (second hand) from main dealer. Very frustrating as it was intermittent. Initially dealer was reluctant to sort it as when the manager tried it it worked every time. I asked him to speak to the service manager. He confirmed it was a common fault and they had changed loads. Belt replaced and 2 years later it's still fine. Maybe a bad batch. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club