Do Not Sell My Personal Information

VIN sticker replacement – lockdown OCD madness!

rich57

5 hours ago, Hostahousey said:

I think its totally against the law, and prosecutable . If you can get away with this then surely this is open to stolen cars fitting a scraped cars identity.  I think you should apply for a new one through DVLA . Yes it will cost you but would be legal. 

A couple of things . . . there are independent, online companies who offer replica legally VIN stickers for owners restoring vehicles, so its not "against the law or prosecutable" Secondly its not intended to be a forgery, any Ford dealer would see its not the original sticker, for the reasons I outlined a few posts ago. Finally I would also point out you can't get replacement VIN stickers from the DVLA.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

As long as the vin tag under the windscreen and any plates in the engine bay are original then no problems afaik.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

As long as the vin tag under the windscreen and any plates in the engine bay are original then no problems afaik.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thank you 👍😁 . . . and I can confirm VIN tag under the windscreen and the plates in the engine bay are the original ones 😁

• Like 1

OK guys I stand corrected, ☹️

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 4/25/2020 at 10:58 AM, rich57 said:

Since I’ve had my Focus I have been on a mission to try to return it to near as “as new condition” as possible but with minimum expenditure. One of little things that has always bugged me is the VIN sticker on driver’s door jam, it was at an angle and the surface has started to peel off. This is probably something I would have not even bothered with under normal circumstances but these are certainly not normal circumstances, so I decided to see what I could do. I photographed it then recreated the artwork as near as I could on the computer, it’s not 100% spot on but its OK. I then emailed it to my local KallKwik and got some stickers printed . . . for just over £10 I got 8 stickers, 4 gloss and 4 matt, I decided to use the gloss finish and still with a few spares if I messed up the cutting out. Maybe a bit OCD but strangely satisfying 😁

20190826_120240.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

20200425_094722.jpg

20200425_104809.jpg

Hey buddy. Would you be interested in making a set for me if i give you my original one. Many thanks 

On 5/26/2020 at 9:00 AM, rich57 said:

Thank you 👍😁 . . . and I can confirm VIN tag under the windscreen and the plates in the engine bay are the original ones 😁

• 3 months later...

MOT emissions / smoke tests on petrol and diesel vehicles are based on vehicle first use? - so what ever is on VIN plate would not be considered or even looked at. The DVLA would have the details on file for tax class on CO2 or NOx g/km.   Is the first time I have read someone class the Diesel engine as clean 😂 just regenerates every few hundred miles and blows all Nitrogen oxide soot built up out in one go! 

• 4 months later...

I have acquired a 2018 Ford Focus and which was used as a clone car previously.  The floor vin stamp is the original to the vehicle, but I’m after a replacement window and door pillar vin plate that have been destroyed if anyone has a good idea where I can get ? Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club