Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speed cameras

billyboy

Does anyone know if there is a way to get speed cameras on sync 3, it's annoying to have to keep using my TomTom  now that Fords come with their own  built in sat nav.

Enable traffic alerts and make sure sat nav sound is on and  you should get audio alert from fixed cameras. 

• Like 2

Stick to the speed limits and you'll never need worry

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, m50e30 said:

Stick to the speed limits and you'll never need worry

It helps if you can see what they are. I've posted this shot of the approach to my village before, but the sign on the nearside isn't there at all, the one on the offside is hidden in the bushes to the right of the cyclist 😀 This is by no means the only example in my area, so any alerts are a good idea imo.

2141935962_DSC_00362.thumb.JPG.580bdf0072f3e4ff9b079cc3d6e2cfa6.JPG

• Like 1

If in doubt drive 30mph

30 minutes ago, m50e30 said:

If in doubt drive 30mph

How would that work in a 20 zone?😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If in doubt, FLAT OUT>

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Not to mention all the restricted 50/60 dual carriageways...  Not sure 30 is appropriate for those either! :laugh:

But joking apart, when I first got a licence it was 30 in built up areas, 70 elsewhere (and that was supposed to be a temporary trial at the time!) so pretty easy to figure out what the limit was. Nowadays it's 20,30,40,50,60,70 which are not always clear as mentioned above, plus variable limits.

So you need to use whatever works for you to identify the limit. I'm more than happy to use aids such as traffic alert, speed alert and traffic sign recognition to supplement my observation and route knowledge.

• Like 2

Problem with sign recognition is if you're in an area with no signs at all the system gets confused.
Also when leaving work, my compound is 10mph so until the car passes another sign I could have a flashing speed sign on my dash for ages.
Luckily I hit a 40mph area after about a mile that clears the 10mph alert.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

Problem with sign recognition is if you're in an area with no signs at all the system gets confused.

Yes, I get that a lot too, likewise if signs are obscured as I mention above. There's certainly a long way to go before these systems are something I would 100% rely on, but I still find it useful as a supplement to, but certainly not a substitute for, personal observation.

My favourite glitch is when the system picks up the 60mph signs on the backs of lorries :driving:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

My favourite glitch is when the system picks up the 60mph signs on the backs of lorries :driving:

Not had that one. Favourite with mine is when a minor road with a different limit goes off at an oblique angle, it picks up the sign on the minor road. It must have good peripheral vision!😀

Seems a bit odd it doesn't use Nav data to cross reference any actual signs it sees... :g: 

36 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Seems a bit odd it doesn't use Nav data to cross reference any actual signs it sees... :g: 

I would have thought that would cause more problems, and liability. They have to use actual signs so that it catches temporary limits. If it sees a 50 and checks it against sat nav to find its supposed to be a 70, people will be getting tickets and then trying to sue Ford!

6 minutes ago, The Finance Guy said:

I would have thought that would cause more problems, and liability. They have to use actual signs so that it catches temporary limits. If it sees a 50 and checks it against sat nav to find its supposed to be a 70, people will be getting tickets and then trying to sue Ford!

Fair point but I don't think people can sue Ford for their own lack of observations, it's only an aid after all.

Nav data should be more reliable for most of the time, just using the actual speed signs where lower for example.  If you're driving through a long 30mph village and the TSR flashes up the 60mph from the truck in front it's pretty obvious that's wrong...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Fair point but I don't think people can sue Ford for their own lack of observations, it's only an aid after all.

Nav data should be more reliable for most of the time, just using the actual speed signs where lower for example.  If you're driving through a long 30mph village and the TSR flashes up the 60mph from the truck in front it's pretty obvious that's wrong...

Not saying they would be successful in suing, but there are some who would try!

17 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

You'd know if you're in a 20 zone. Signs everywhere

16 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Not to mention all the restricted 50/60 dual carriageways...  Not sure 30 is appropriate for those either! :laugh:

Everyone knows a dual carriageway is national speed limit unless otherwise posted. 🙄

3 minutes ago, m50e30 said:

Everyone knows a dual carriageway is national speed limit unless otherwise posted. 🙄

I think you're missing the point here.  Of course you'll stick to the speed limit if you've seen the sign, but occasionally you'll miss it...  Especially on boring dual carriageways where you're just cruising along on autopilot and there's actually no visible reason for the speed to drop.  Or as Roger has pointed out, signs get covered by bushes, or bent by trucks, or stolen by youths...  

• Like 2

I'm really not. Why do I need a gadget to help with common sense. If you cannot drive without aids, hand your licence in! That's why the world has gone to *****. Next you'll be telling me you need sat nav to jump of a cliff.....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, m50e30 said:

You'd know if you're in a 20 zone. Signs everywhere

I live in a large part of town and you get one sign when you enter the area and no more, it's Ok for me I live here but it's awkward for strangers because after driving around for a while they forget as they are not used to 20mph zones.

I think OP's question was answered in the first reply.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club