Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Pressures Label on Car Different From Handbook

auldreekie

I have a 2019 Fiesta Active from new, tyres are Continentals  205/45/R17 v88 all round, 

Today checking tyre pressures I usually double check handbook for the correct tyre pressures before starting, handbook tells me for my size of tyre with normal load 1-2 passengers no luggage, Front is 33psi (2.3)bar) and Rear is 26 psi (1.8Bar).

As I never had the handbook to hand I checked the label on passenger door pillar, There I noticed a different reading from the handbook for the above tyre size above 1-2 passengers normal load, no luggage, Front was 33psi (2.3 bar) but the rear WAS also 33psi (2.3 bar).

Which Reading do I use , the handbook or the label on the car?

How I never noticed this before I don't know 🙄

The door sticker is probably correct, but best to double check the online version of the handbook which should have the latest information. The paper version was probably printed a long time ago.

You can access the online version via the Ford Pass App, or via the Ford website.

32 minutes ago, Tizer said:

The door sticker is probably correct, but best to double check the online version of the handbook which should have the latest information. The paper version was probably printed a long time ago.

You can access the online version via the Ford Pass App, or via the Ford website.

Hi Tizer thanks for replying, went to the ford website put in my vin number and brought up the manual dated 28/01/2019-13/10/2019, in wheels & tyres section it says The recommended tyre inflation pressures are on the tire information label , on my label 33psi all round.

In the latest online manual it says 33psi front AND 26psi rear, nothing like Ford to keep you guessing. I know there is 7psi of a difference but could that have a effect on tyre wear.

13 minutes ago, auldreekie said:

Hi Tizer thanks for replying, went to the ford website put in my vin number and brought up the manual dated 28/01/2019-13/10/2019, in wheels & tyres section it says The recommended tyre inflation pressures are on the tire information label , on my label 33psi all round.

In the latest online manual it says 33psi front AND 26psi rear, nothing like Ford to keep you guessing. I know there is 7psi of a difference but could that have a effect on tyre wear.

Hi, I had a similar confusing time deciding which to follow.  I went with 33 / 26 psi as it's only me driving it.

Is the Active any heavier than a normal Fiesta? Handbook might be written for a normal Fiesta and the door plate specially for Active.

BTW, which Continental tyres did it come with? Mine came with Michelin Pilot Sort 4s, although I understand Mk7 Fiestas came with Contis (Contisport 5) as standard.

Yes Jim it came with continentals, not sure of the weight difference between normal fiesta and active. I know the active is slightly higher and comes with roofbars   not sure if that would make much difference to weight and tyre pressures. 

13 minutes ago, auldreekie said:

Yes Jim it came with continentals, not sure of the weight difference between normal fiesta and active. I know the active is slightly higher and comes with roofbars   not sure if that would make much difference to weight and tyre pressures. 

My thought was, if it's heavier, then maybe it needs more pressure, like the difference between 1 person and car fully loaded with luggage and passengers.

I was asking about tyres as I'm tempted to buy Conti Premium 6 when I need to replace them. Are yours PremContact, SportContact, ecocontact etc?

33psi front & 26psi rear are the standard pressures for the 195 x 50 x 16 tyres.

1 hour ago, Jim H said:

My thought was, if it's heavier, then maybe it needs more pressure, like the difference between 1 person and car fully loaded with luggage and passengers.

I was asking about tyres as I'm tempted to buy Conti Premium 6 when I need to replace them. Are yours PremContact, SportContact, ecocontact etc?

SportContact Jim 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bobr said:

33psi front & 26psi rear are the standard pressures for the 195 x 50 x 16 tyres.

Mine are the 205/45/R17 and 33/26 is the normal pressure.  Must be different for the MK8 as looking at the manual there's no option for the 50s 🙂

Capture.thumb.JPG.a37edbb6d786bbb55c8c077884a6ae01.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club