Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrade from Sync to Sync 2?

DanielYeo86

Hi everyone, 

New to the forum having only signed up today (24/05/2020). 

Looking for answers that I am unable to find anywhere it would seem. I have a ford Focus ST "2015" (bought Second hand just over a year ago and I'm looking to see if its possible to upgrade the standard Sync to Sync 2 with MyFord Touch.

As all "Think Ford" dealerships are closed due to Covid-19 I am currently unable to ask them directly.

I can find anything and everything related to upgrading Sync 2 from 4 to 8 inch screen or info about questions related to attempting upgrades from Sync 2 to Sync 3 but ideally I really want to have Sync 2 in my Focus ST. 

Any advise on this would be greatly appreciated and for easier assistance I have uploaded a photo of my current installed Sync.

Sync.PNG

Yes it is possible. There's a full guide pinned on the focus sub-forum if you look there. Be warned it's a pretty much a full dashboard, seats and carpet removal to do it. Definitely possible for the modest DIYer/tinkerer.

I can pretty much guarantee that if you went to Ford about this, they'll just tell you it's not possible. They don't like to get involved with retrofits.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the reply, 

I am not too car savvy to say the least, I do however like the idea of doing this myself but at the same time (looking at videos of other people's DIY) it looks daunting. 

Would be fun if I am able to obtain the unit, facia, SD card and all the cables needed. I shall check out the full guide. 

Thanks again

I've got the full sync2 system that I took out of mine when I upgraded to sync3.

Was gonna chuck it on eBay.

Got the apim, acm, media sync loom, sd card reader and card. Brackets for mounting and the fascia. Drop me a PM if you wanted it.

Matt

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club