Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Field service action

SaraMarie

11 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Cause of the circumstances with the virus, are you buying this before driving it? 

Yeah I havent driven it yet and they haven't even looked at my current car they've just offered a part ex value that I was happy with without seeing it. They were checking the focus over today, cleaning it etc. Then they won't be touching it again after today apparently same with my current car ill drop it off and it will be left for a couple of days before they do anything with it 

My husband has 2019 the fiesta st performance editon and had the mk3 focus RS before that so we like fords and I've sat in a couple of the new focuses before corona but just never driven one 😬 sure it will be everything if not better than I'm expecting 😁

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, SaraMarie said:

Yeah I havent driven it yet and they haven't even looked at my current car they've just offered a part ex value that I was happy with without seeing it. They were checking the focus over today, cleaning it etc. Then they won't be touching it again after today apparently same with my current car ill drop it off and it will be left for a couple of days before they do anything with it 

My husband has 2019 the fiesta st performance editon and had the mk3 focus RS before that so we like fords and I've sat in a couple of the new focuses before corona but just never driven one 😬 sure it will be everything if not better than I'm expecting 😁

Mines a lease car but got it for 3 years. Couldn’t find a mk4 auto never mind a 182 auto in Glasgow at the time. Picked it and paid the down payment all on the back of reviews online , YouTube etc. Had to wait 12 nervous weeks for it to be made. The moment I drove out the dealership with the salesman I knew I’d made the right decision. The silver ones look great! Almost as nice as the desert island blue 😉

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Looks like mines in that category too.

But I’ve not had a recall notification.

was the notification on your app? Or contact from your dealership? 

does Ford Etis say yours is due the recall?

Yes, notification on my app and Ford Etis.

Factory order with options and Registered late December 2018

• Like 1

Sara interesting that your husband went from a focus to a fiesta st.  How's he finding it?

I've been pondering it myself as the Fiesta mk8 is such a good car.

57 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

Sara interesting that your husband went from a focus to a fiesta st.  How's he finding it?

I've been pondering it myself as the Fiesta mk8 is such a good car.

He's loving it, the focus was just so thirsty with him having the RS which he fully expected but he only works 3 miles away so the car wasnt even warming up fully on his journey. 

He looked at getting the Focus St mk4 but theres only the 2 of us at the minute so doesn't really need a focus size car, which is why I've gone with a focus we have both sizes now for the future 

Helovess driving his fiesta, he calls it his little go kart haha, it feels so quick with it being so small and light. He drives it in sports mode all the time but is still getting around 35-38mpg which is a lot better than we thought! Definitely no regrets for him.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yes my 19 plate focus has been recalled. Clearly a fault as 3 days ago my car had a complete power failure after not being used for 48 hours. Got it going with jump leads. Has been to Evans Halshaw today. They ran diagnostics and could find no fault. Unfortunately the replacement wiring chaffe they ordered was faulty so now I have to take it back next week!

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Jason Butcher said:

Yes my 19 plate focus has been recalled. Clearly a fault as 3 days ago my car had a complete power failure after not being used for 48 hours. Got it going with jump leads. Has been to Evans Halshaw today. They ran diagnostics and could find no fault. Unfortunately the replacement wiring chaffe they ordered was faulty so now I have to take it back next week!

Oh no really! What a mess about 

Hopefully 2nd time lucky with the recall then, mines been fine up to now 🤞

My local dealer has inspected my Focus today and they tell me it requires a new bolt, as above, which are on back order from Ford. Hopefully will be available in August 

20 minutes ago, granville_focus said:

My local dealer has inspected my Focus today and they tell me it requires a new bolt, as above, which are on back order from Ford. Hopefully will be available in August 

I need to book mine in soon as I have the recall notification.

Does it take long for them do do the visual check?

I dropped the car off at 8.00am and they phoned me at 10.30am to let me know I could pick up my car 

• Like 1

Received a call today the bolt has arrived, not bad as supposedly on back order, having  bolt replaced next Saturday should only be an hour to change 

1 hour ago, granville_focus said:

Received a call today the bolt has arrived, not bad as supposedly on back order, having  bolt replaced next Saturday should only be an hour to change 

That’s good.

Looks like you don’t need the wiring harness replaced then.

Hope it’s the same for me.

I contacted my dealer this morning and due to the current situation they are not yet fully up and running.

However, they are prioritising certain jobs so therefore I am awaiting a return call to arrange a date for the work to be carried out.

Presuming wiring harness has been inspected and is okay as the only part they said needed for the work was the replacement bolt 

• 3 weeks later...

Had new bolt fitted this morning only took 30 minutes 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, granville_focus said:

Had new bolt fitted this morning only took 30 minutes 

Thanks for the update.

I have arranged for my car to be inspected in a couple of weeks time.

My Ford dealer is going to pickup my vehicle and return it after inspection.

Apparently due to the current situation they prefer to do it that way.

• 2 weeks later...

My car was inspected a few days ago and the wiring harness was okay so only required a replacement bolt.
Just awaiting the dealer to update Ford as I am still getting the outstanding recall notice showing on my FordPass app.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up my 'new' (June 2019 Titanium X 1.5 Auto) MK4 last week and according to the app (and the website) I also have a PCM WIRING CHAFE recall notice (I'm sure there is a cream for that) but when I check the FordEtis site there is nothing outstanding.

Who do I believe or do I assume its been fixed and the app/site hasn't been updated

In my case it took about a week after the work was carried out before FordEtis the app and the website were update.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2020 at 5:22 PM, kingfisher1967 said:

I picked up my 'new' (June 2019 Titanium X 1.5 Auto) MK4 last week and according to the app (and the website) I also have a PCM WIRING CHAFE recall notice (I'm sure there is a cream for that) but when I check the FordEtis site there is nothing outstanding.

Who do I believe or do I assume its been fixed and the app/site hasn't been updated

I've also got the message on the App, but nothing on etis, mine is a September 2019 build.

On 8/16/2020 at 5:22 PM, kingfisher1967 said:

I've also got the message on the App, but nothing on etis, mine is a September 2019 build.

Seems mine is on Ford etis, but only if I put the reg number in, doesn't come up with the vin number, which also thinks I'm in the USA.

• 1 month later...

Mine was inspected on 4th August, told that it needed a harness and bolt which they would order.

Got a call early Sep that parts were in, booked it in for today (needed a courtesy car, hence the delay).

They now tell me that Ford have changed the instructions, and they are waiting for new notification. Anyone else heard of this? Not sure how long I will have to wait before it goes in AGAIN for this.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club