Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK7 Sidelight fuses..

WireyWhenWet

Does anyone happen to know if the sidelights are fused to individual sides as they are with the dipped and main beam lights?

Did a passenger sidelight bulb replacement the other day but didn't realise the other half had left the ignition on, as I replaced the bulb it flickered, but didn't pop. I've now lost both front and rear left side sidelights, the tail bulb is intact as well being dual element, but no power to the sidelight at all.

The manual doesn't claim that they are fused to one side or the other, but I can't actually find a relevant fuse to check

5 hours ago, WireyWhenWet said:

Does anyone happen to know if the sidelights are fused to individual sides as they are with the dipped and main beam lights?

Did a passenger sidelight bulb replacement the other day but didn't realise the other half had left the ignition on, as I replaced the bulb it flickered, but didn't pop. I've now lost both front and rear left side sidelights, the tail bulb is intact as well being dual element, but no power to the sidelight at all.

The manual doesn't claim that they are fused to one side or the other, but I can't actually find a relevant fuse to check

This has already been solved in another post

This should hopefully also work for your issue

45 minutes ago, Neb_engineer said:

This has already been solved in another post

This should hopefully also work for your issue

Cheers, but I've already seen that one I'm afraid and searched the forum; the issue for me is the left side front and rear sidelights are out, the right side are working fine. F22 has been swapped but is in working order.

• 2 weeks later...

Still at a loss with this one, does anyone happen to have the wiring diagrams for the sidelight circuits they could share at all? Anything like that would be very much appreciated! 👍

Okay for reference as this seems to be a quite rare issue, but one which has been asked a few times on the 'net, Following a couple of weeks of normal driving, both front and rear left (pass) sidelights have come back to life; the only thing I can think is that the bcm or something has restored its values from lights being off for an extended period (The missus doesn't do much driving that needs lights on), or a module has reset, be that from low voltage or just somehow it refreshing its memory.

I haven't changed any fuses for new, and haven't reset anything manually so would assume the issue of one side being out (despite having working bulbs and good contacts) is software controlled, so for anyone looking to resolve this it might be worth checking Forscan and refreshing modules to see if that helps.

Perhaps this helps someone in the future!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club