Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 2007 1.6 Duratec LX leaking oil from left side

oopsitsbrokenagain

I have a Mk2 2007 Focus LX 1.6 Petrol Duratec, as I've came into work this morning I've noticed an oil leak coming from the left side, I can see the trail following my cars path on the wet ground - I'll be having a closer look after I finish work, is there anything more common to leak on the left side that I should look out for?

It was last serviced in February by the dealership I bought it from.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

gearbox is on the left

It will be the gearbox selector seal pretty easy to fix. 

42 minutes ago, dezwez said:

gearbox is on the left

Hoping its not the gearbox, but I'll have a look when I get it on my ramps at home. There's been no change in the way it drives. No clunky gear changes, no slipping, no juddering. I was thinking it could be steering rack seal - but I'll find out later.

3 hours ago, oopsitsbrokenagain said:

Hoping its not the gearbox, but I'll have a look when I get it on my ramps at home. There's been no change in the way it drives. No clunky gear changes, no slipping, no juddering. I was thinking it could be steering rack seal - but I'll find out later.

I've had a look while I'm on lunch, found a sensor that the aluminium boss for it has snapped. As you can see in the photo. 

Does anybody know what sensor this is so I can order the correct one? 

Its on the front, at the left next to the plastic housing that covers the selector

IMG_20200710_120949.jpg

9 minutes ago, oopsitsbrokenagain said:

I've had a look while I'm on lunch, found a sensor that the aluminium boss for it has snapped. As you can see in the photo. 

Does anybody know what sensor this is so I can order the correct one? 

Its on the front, at the left next to the plastic housing that covers the selector

IMG_20200710_120949.jpg

That's the reverse light switch.  Never seen one break like that before though! :unsure: 

I would get the oil in the box checked before if starts to cause damage to your gear box should  be able to get a new switch off eBay 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

That's the reverse light switch.  Never seen one break like that before though! :unsure: 

It thankfully makes it an easy fix as the hex for the spanner is still on there - should take 10 mins to fit, plus some oil, so cheap and easy, can't complain...!

1 hour ago, dezwez said:

I would get the oil in the box checked before if starts to cause damage to your gear box should  be able to get a new switch off eBay 

Can get one at eurocarparts about 50 yds away from where I work, they've got one in stock for £13, so can't ask for easier than that 😄 

Covering hole with latex glove and a cable tie to keep the crud out and the oil in until I get home - haven't lost too much I don't think.

Thanks for your help guys, appreciate it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club