Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fiesta 2005 front brake disc removal

oldboy22

Hi

Do i need to remove the caliper carrier to get the disc of for renewal   The two bolts holding the carrier are well rusted  FIESTA 2005  1.25 CLIMATE

• Like 1

yes try soaking the bolts with wd 40

If they are so tight the bolt heads rounded off, try hammering a smaller socket onto bolt head. This is where it can be handy to  have old imperial size sockets some of which are in between metric sizes. On my sister’s 2004 fiesta I had to do this when changing her discs

I will soak. and yes i have old imperial sockets about Thanks for the advise

• Like 1

should work out OK for you 😊

6 point sockets instead of 12 point. Helps stop you rounding them off in the first place.

When I was replacing the brake discs and pads I used one of these on the bolts as they had rounded badly. I got these from Screwfix and the socket worked perfectly. I used a hammer to make sure it wouldn't slip off and as you apply more pressure, to loosen the bolt, the sides of the socket dig into the the bolt and allows it to be removed. Make sure you buy replacement bolts. https://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-bolt-nut-remover-set-6-pcs/6083D?tc=QT7&ds_kid=92700055262507123&ds_rl=1244066&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjer4BRCZARIsABK4QeX9ckCd_O75ki4-CBsua5X8I9eKaSabsMo2BvPS8RB3srA77JS-HjgaAhUXEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SparkEli said:

When I was replacing the brake discs and pads I used one of these on the bolts as they had rounded badly. I got these from Screwfix and the socket worked perfectly. I used a hammer to make sure it wouldn't slip off and as you apply more pressure, to loosen the bolt, the sides of the socket dig into the the bolt and allows it to be removed. Make sure you buy replacement bolts. https://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-bolt-nut-remover-set-6-pcs/6083D?tc=QT7&ds_kid=92700055262507123&ds_rl=1244066&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjer4BRCZARIsABK4QeX9ckCd_O75ki4-CBsua5X8I9eKaSabsMo2BvPS8RB3srA77JS-HjgaAhUXEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Could be worth there weight in gold, handy for anyone working on a vehicle.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club