Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Non-DAB to DAB swap

Alewyn.R

Hi All

I have a 2016 EcoSport 1.0 EcoBoost Titanium, sadly it did not come with the SONY fascia, but rather a standard Ford one. It does however have SYNC 1.1 which I've now updated to v. 5.11.

I recently bought a new head unit F1E9-18C815-HK off eBay which I thought would give me the option of DAB. It has 2 x Fakra connectors on the back. I assumed it has the black one for FM/AM, as the original aerial connector fits it, and the beige one for DAB?

I also have the FM/DAB amplifier purchased which would boost signal from the assumed passive whip aerial.

Couple of questions...

1. Is the F1E9-18C815-HK unit DAB capable? Installed it, but pressing the RADIO button only cycles through FM, FM-AST, AM, AM-AST

2. Are the Fakra connectors Phantom power providers? If not, I would need to know where to "patch in" the power cable for the signal amplifier.

3. Do I need to change a setting or purchase additional wiring looms to enable DAB somehow?

Sorry for all the questions, still waiting on another Fakra female to female patch to connect what I believe is the DAB feed.

Attached is a picture of the amplifier I have and of the connectors on the back of the new F1E9-18C815-HK unit.

IMG_1200.JPG

Screenshot 2020-08-05 at 23.53.23.png

*UPDATE*

I managed to enable DAB using the ELM to USB cable and the ForScan program. So, I've not got my DAB amplified hooked up, but it's still not connected to the power feed. 

I've read somewhere that the white FAKRA connectors are powered, but obviously it's not supplying the power to the amplifier... Yet! Does anyone know how I can enable the DAB power delivery?

Cheers

Alewyn

*FIX*

I was being a numpty and lost track of my troubleshooting. I simply had to swap the radio, plug everything back in and "enable DAB" using ForScan and the ELM to USB cable.

I can confirm though that the black Fakra connector is the only one you need to connect. It serves both FM/AM & DAB. It must also be powering the amplified aerial which I didn't know I had already installed.

Hope this helps anyone wanting to do the same in the future.

Cheers

Alewyn

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club