Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Karcher k2?

gillyallan

I bought one of these pressure washers and also car brush attachment. How are you meant to use the car wash bottle?

I put the little clear tube in the bottle but it seems to suck in too much as nearly finished the bottle in one quick wash and soap was everywhere?

I've got rid of my Karcher now but seem to recall there was a dial to select how soapy you want it?

• Like 1

I'll have a look but didn't notice one unless that was higher models. I'm hoping I missed that though. It'll be slap on my head if I did but I'd accept that. As £7 a wash can't be right lol

It is only higher end models that have the variable mix dial as you suggest. 

On lower models, you're just meant to use the detergent on the lowest pressure setting, or with the brush attachment.  If you're using it on full pressure you will get through a tonne of detergent. 

I've never found it to work effectively though, I just use plain water to pre rinse and them apply the soap by hand.  It's in Karcher's interest for you to use more of their overpriced detergent! :biggrin: 

• Like 1

Thanks will give it a go today. I didn't realise it senses the pressure you are using so only sucks up on the lowest or no attachment so should be able I hope to turn to 1 to soap and 2 when I don't want it.

3 is paintstripper setting so don't use that.

Ps. Doubt I'd buy the soap again

Hmmm OK just washed car and have come to conclusion I'd be easier just with my trusty old hose in conjunction with 2 bucket method. Pressure washer seems more hastle than benefit by time it's set up and put away again

55 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

Hmmm OK just washed car and have come to conclusion I'd be easier just with my trusty old hose in conjunction with 2 bucket method. Pressure washer seems more hastle than benefit by time it's set up and put away again

It depends how long you leave the car between washes really.  If you can get away with just a light rinse and wipe over, a pressure washer probably won't be worth the hassle.  If you leave it for months and drive a lot of dirty rural roads, they're fantastic for removing the thick dirt layer before washing.  I tend to use mine on paintstripper setting... :biggrin: 

Also, just to clarify, it doesn't sense how much pressure you use for the detergent, it's just basic physics - the more water being forced through the lance, the more detergent will be dragged through with it.

A video I watched on it earlier showed it didn't take any soap on high pressure and was only on mix or 1 it came through or with no attachments at all. This I thought was odd as would be down to sensing the pressure but I kind of forgot to test it as ran out of soap.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gillyallan said:

A video I watched on it earlier showed it didn't take any soap on high pressure and was only on mix or 1 it came through or with no attachments at all. This I thought was odd as would be down to sensing the pressure but I kind of forgot to test it as ran out of soap.

Ah ok, mines an older model so maybe there have been some improvements since.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club