Do Not Sell My Personal Information

False alarm

Glynp

I have a 2019 Ford Focus 1.5 St line x and last night the alarm went off twice within 2 hours,has anyone had similar problem with their car. 

Could be a spider or moth inside the car?

Have you had the windows open while parked for them to get in? Is the right time of year...

Other than that earlier models have problems with the sensors on the bonnet mainly, but also the boot and door sensors.

I am not that familiar with your model but that's where I'd start.

----------------------------------------------

Ford Mondeo MK4 1.8 TDCI 2008 Ghia

Ford Focus MK1 1.8 TDDI 2004 Sport

Can an insect actually cause the alarm to go off?

An insect/bug can definitely trigger the motion sensors. I had my alarm go off in the middle of the night twice, this past Friday. I decided to leave the car unlocked (live in a quiet area - except when the alarm goes off :smile:) just to shut it up. In the morning I gave the inside of the car a forensic-level search and found a HUGE moth taking a nap on the inside of the rear door. Having given the moth its freedom back I set the alarm and it's been fine for the last 36+ hours.

As an aside, I have the option to 'Ask on Exit' in the Vehicle Settings that offers the choice of disabling the internal motion sensors when exiting the car, by pressing the OK button. This is a useful feature, but there doesn't seem to be a way to disable the motion sensors if you're not in the car and just locking it from the outside.

The option in Vehicle Settings to select 'Reduced Guard', which disables the motion sensors, doesn't survive an ignition cycle - it always defaults back to Full Guard, so if you want to disable the motion sensors it seems it can only be done when leaving the car. If I've got this wrong, and there is a way to disable the motion sensors from the outside, please let me know.

My car has a dash cam that is stuck to the windscreen with one of those rubber push-on suckers. The mount came loose one night causing the dash cam to fall to the floor setting of the interior sensors and the alarm.

Neighbor was not impressed the next day when I saw him... so I told him I had caught 5 yobs trying to break into my car and had fought them off with a broom handle wearing just my slippers & boxer shorts. Boy, was he impressed then!

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club