Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Ecoboost Pre Purchase Inspection

Nath124

Hi all, I’m currently looking at purchasing a 2016 Ecoboost with 74,000 miles (a lot I know) it mechanically seems to have been taken care of reasonably well (the same can’t be said for the exterior).

I’ve had a couple issues come back on the pre purchase inspection which are shown below but I’m also concerned about common problems with the Ecoboosts, fortunately the engine is under warranty until 120K miles so I do have some security, but what are the other common faults with Ecoboosts with such high mileage?

The pre purchase inspection came back with the issues shown on the attached sheet. Would anyone be able to provide a little more clarity on what they may be and how much the repair cost of all issues could be? I’ll be speaking to AA tomorrow to get a proper run down on the issues.

Also the technician also mentioned “oil leak offside of the engine” but that was it, any ideas on this?

EE51A527-0494-410D-8B2F-AC0193E77DD8.jpeg

To many red and amber markers against vital componets thats going to cost a lot to put right.

As per my previous reply, its going to cost you a lot of money to get the needed repairs done, walk away and find something else.

Which model and engine size is it?  I know it's posted in the Mustang section but I can't believe anyone would be doing that mileage in one?  Presumably it's a Focus or Fiesta?

Tbh, the report looks more like a lot of bum covering...it's got a knocking OSF bottom ball joint which covers two of the red issues.  Brake fluid change should be done every 2 years anyway.  And the handbrake needs tightening which can done while the discs are replaced and the fluid changed.  Hardly major repairs.

Moving on to amber - Windscreens get stone chipped, that'll be the same on any high miler with the original screen.  Interior lights?  Meh... Staining to roof console...I don't even want to think about what that might be! :ermm:  Brake discs are due replacement by that mileage.  And wheels are often scuffed and dented, probably been parked on-street.

Not sure what to make of the underside corrosion - it's only amber so presumably not particularly bad, can't really say without seeing it.

Overall, if it's super cheap (which it must be to consider that mileage!?) then it might be worth a punt...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club