Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk8 footwell lights stay on day and night !!

Eng_Ahmad1986
聽Share

hello to all 馃檪

I have installed the genuine ford footwell lights, and as you all know for sure they聽stay聽on day and night, and when you lock the car they remain ON for 10 minutes, however this not the case with the fiesta that came from factory with these lights installed, they don't switch on during day, and they switch off immediately after you lock the car.

why is this the case with my car ?!! and what can be done to get it to work just like the fiesta that came with the lights pre installed ? and does this condition have any effect on the battery or the electrical system generally ?

Thank you for considering 馃檪

I have also installed these to my car, though really being the St line X model you should have thought they'd come standard. Like you though they are on when the car is, difference being they turn off within 10 - 15 seconds of locking the car. Though i have seen other people who've installed them report ~10mins also. So im not sure there is a definitive answer to your question, unless there is something we're both missing. Perhaps the factory fitted ones are connected with the daylight sensor on the dash, which possibly needs activating through the car's computer.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club