Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Sync3 installation in progress message always shows

I updated my Ford Sync3 and now has version 3.0 and maps F8 installed, which Ford say is the latest.

Every time I started the car, I get the message 'Installation in progress'. I insert the memory stick used to update and this message instantly changes to 'Installation complete'.

This would suggest the update is complete but this message is being continually triggering possibly because something didn't go quite right. This is very frustrating.

I spoke to Ford when getting a service and they told me it would cost £120 to fix.

Any ideas?

Happy to provide any additional information.

Did you upload the logfile to the Ford server afterwards? and have you turned off WiFi updates in Sync3?

Was you usb stick formatted to fat32 or exfat? This message often occurs when the stick was formatted with fat32 not exfat. 

Matt

• Like 1

I had the very same problem a few months back but a FREE software update from the dealer finally sorted it under warranty...

***** See post dated March 22nd on page 13 !!  ********

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club