Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre rotation

Andyr55

My focus is due for first service (2yr) Titanium 1.0 125.

mileage 4600.

should I request a tyre rotation? Is it worth doing?

any opinions.....

Do you want all 4 tyres to wear out at the same time or do you want to change two at a time to spread the cost out? Personally I prefer to change them in pairs rather than have a £400 bill for changing them all together. 

Agree with the above - depends if you want to change 2 at a time or rotate and do the full set. I prefer to rotate them and just do all 4 in one go personally. The rear ones can last a while and I just don’t want old aging tyres left on there for years on end - would rather use the tread by rotating to the front and just swap them all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sods law being what it is you can go to all the trouble of swapping them around then one tyre gets a terminal puncture that upsets the plan.

• Haha 1

Been there, got the puncture!

Tried both methods over the years. Tyre rotation seems to work out ok if you're planning on keeping the car long term, but it can be a big hit in one go if you're running high performance rubber. Otherwise just replaced as and when.

My 2p worth on this would be, on cars that do low mileage I would rotate the tyres. Tyres perish and crack after a few years. Some brands are worse than others and I’ve changed a few big brands at just a couple of years old.

so to keep a ‘balance’ on the tread and not have all the wear on one axle if age is going to kill them first. 

ive just changed 2 Michelin tyres yesterday, 2017 and they look like they could pull apart any minute.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, stef123 said:

My 2p worth on this would be, on cars that do low mileage

Yes, I'd go along with that. My Mrs does little mileage and hangs onto her cars a long time, so I've tended to rotate hers. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club