Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 compatability

Mollymoodoo

Will a non-nav Sync 3 APIM off a fiesta be ok to install in a focus please?

Unfortunately no, they’re different. You’ll need the screen from a Sync 3 unit too. I did this conversion on my old mk3.5 ST3 and it was pretty straightforward. I was lucky that usb hub with sd card in the armrest was the later version and the new CarPlay/AndroidAuto compatible usb hub plugged straight in without any cable modification.

• Like 1

Hi

Thank you. I might see if they come down in price in a year or so as I only really want it for Carplay., £500/600 is a bit rich for me. I thought i'd found one for £350 but it was for a Kuga 🙂

Keep an eye on eBay there was one from a breaker in Birmingham and he wanted £350 collected. 

Before you spend a penny make sure you can do the wiring modification or find someone who can do it first. 

Otherwise you will end up but a stupidly expensive cable 😩

Not to mention still needing usb hub, rear view camera that has a good view and a decent obd cable to program it and possibly to do firmware update too. 

Hi

I saw the £350 one but it was for a Kuga and the fittings looked different. I have a rear view camera and an OBD cable. I'm sort of getting my head round the cabling, it looks like some pin swaps and some piggy backing. The cable would be way easier though and my days of messing with vehicle electrics are a long way behind me now 🙂

I think the Kuga is still a 7" screen so should be fine but you would need to get the correct bracket the part number is posted in another thread. 

The fixings were different so I didn't want to take the gamble 😞

Aren't all sync 3 apims the same just the mounting bracket that's different? And programming. 

Matt

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club