Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Dashcam

Mark-UK

Sorry no experience with the Ford, I just bought one for my android 10 head unit. But the setup is a bit different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did look at this before - the one thing which put me off is it seems to use Fords app sync feature which as far as I know means you need to disable Car play / Android auto which sort of put me off looking into it any further - be interesting to hear from anyone who has bought it to see if there’s any way round that

• Like 1

it also seems an expensive option @ £268 when you can get something like the Nextbase 422GW for around £110 - also assuming you don't want to hardwire the Nextbase it is a very simple DIY install. Also the 422GW can do 1440p against the Ford's 1080p and has the option of a rear view camera as well

The 422GW & mount takes up half the windscreen though, plus you've got wires dangling if it's not hardwired...I'd much prefer the Ford one.  I use a Wedge cam myself purely for the discretion of it, can't stand anything on the screen.  Even get annoyed by other peoples windscreens with their huge phone, enormous sat nav and humungous dashcam taking up most of the screen...with an air freshener and parking pass occupying the remaining free space. :laugh: 

I agree that seems very expensive though, I thought it included fitting costs!  I reckon this design will be copied and made by a Chinese company for ~£50 soon...  I wouldn't pay that much for it.  I also wonder if any of the footage/info will be accessible to Ford via Sync and the app... :g:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The point if a dashcam is to capture accidents or other 'unusual' events, not for recapping your journey every day. For this reason, I don't see the point of having some fancy dash cam that can communicate with your head unit for the once in a blue moon you need to view footage. Just seems a little gimmicky to me when taking the SD card and plugging it into my PC isn't hard.

The quality isn't really that either, you can get a front and rear 1440p cam for that price or a little more will get you 4k.

I too am not a fan of the nextbase style, blackvue (and many others) are far more discreet and look factory fitted.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club