Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Puma ST

Guy Heaton
聽Share

I'm sure the Puma ST is a great car, but I'm still trying to think who would want to buy it though. It seems like a large family hatchback which obviously would be practical but would many families really want the ST model? I know I could say the same for the Focus ST, but I don't know, the puma just gives me the impression that families with small children would want one, but not the ST model. 馃

Interesting comment in聽Autocar聽this week:聽

聽"Ford sells two hatchback STs for around 拢30k. The Puma ST is less powerful than the Focus and smaller inside, and it has a beam rear axle in place of the Focus's mult-link set up. Why would you buy one?"

• Like 1

I keep following a Puma lately...same one, same time, same place.聽 Either a coincidence, or maybe we both have to make a similar journey at a similar time lol...

It's not growing on me at all...I just sit behind it disgusted at the rear end each time...聽 I just don't get the styling at all.聽 And what's with the sculpted tail pipe to match the rear diffuser...on one side only!?聽 Either needed to be dualed or twin round pipes imo...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It's not growing on me at all...

No, nor me. I was initially vaguely interested as I thought it might be a bit better comfort-wise than the Fiesta ST. Since discovering it has 19" wheels, the same seats apparently, and the latest price hike I'd go for the Fiesta or Focus STs if staying with Ford for my next car.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Autocar聽have a road test of the Puma ST in this weeks edition. Notwithstanding their previous comments which I posted earlier, they gave it four stars and rated it first in their comparison group (Cooper S Countryman, Audi SQ2, Mazda CX30 GT Sport and VW T-Roc 2.0 TSI).

They still rated the Fiesta ST as the better drivers car, though.

• 2 weeks later...

It鈥檚 a great car, the power is brilliant and the handling it on point.聽

just two colours I got offered 聽green or blue.聽
the green is stunning.聽

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 2:18 PM, Yokomoko said:

This aged poorly. Dealer ordered a 125 vignale instead of 155. So I bought the ST. Absolutely love everything about it.

Reassuring!

I have just sealed a deal on an ST (Or should it be A ST?)

I chose White with Performance pack.

I was torn with the wheel choice. 聽One dealer had black wheels ready for early June, another said it'd be a factory order for Silver wheels for end of June, same price.

Chose silver wheels as it looked a bit NYC cab with the Black.

Step Daughter has a '15 Mini cooper with Black wheels, roof & Mirrors. 聽Don't want her to think I'm emulating her!

(Early mid life crisis??)

• 5 months later...

This looks interesting:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/ford-puma-st-hybrid-prototype-spotted-nurburgring

Wonder if this will get the "Ford Performance" seats from the facelift Fiesta ST which are allegedly a bit more forgiving than the original Recaros?

聽Likewise wonder if the Fiesta ST will get this powertrain eventually - it would allow them to claim another "electrified" model.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Wots different with st line x vignale and the st line vignale 2022 just ordered st line vignale but keep seeing st line x vignale no

16 hours ago, Will capo said:

Wots different with st line x vignale and the st line vignale 2022 just ordered st line vignale but keep seeing st line x vignale no

Hi Will capo.

Where have you seen it on the official Ford website as ST Line X Vignale? As far as I know it has always been called ST Line Vignale (no X). Note the difference in specification is more to do with saving costs and chip shortages rather than year of manufacture. I assume you ordered the Nov 21 price list. A year ago it was the Oct 20 price list. If you compare the detailed specifications you can spot the differences.

PL-Puma Nov 2021.pdf PL-Puma Oct 2020.pdf

• 2 months later...
On 10/21/2021 at 11:21 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Wonder if this will get the "Ford Performance" seats from the facelift Fiesta ST which are allegedly a bit more forgiving than the original Recaros?

Finally popped into Ford dealer for a look. Still no sign of a facelift Fiesta ST ( though they had an ST-Line on display) but they did have a row of 4 Puma ST Gold Editions, so I was able to try out the seat.

It is the same Ford Performance branded seat as the facelift Fiesta ST, looked good, and more importantly felt a lot more comfortable (but just as supportive) than the previous version.聽聽

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club