Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ST2 MK8 - Rear cigarette lighter

WJJ

Hi all,

I had a MK7.5 Zetec S and have now traded in for a MK8 ST-2. In my previous car I had the dashcam plugged into the rear cig lighter behind the armrest. I cant seem to find any pics online - does the Mk8 ST-2 have a rear cig lighter in the same place? 

I know I can hardwire with a fuse tap, but my dashcam is USB so i would have to strip the wires and I was always quite happy with it in the rear cig lighter in my Zetec S as I never used it anyway. 

Help appreciated. 
Cheers.

Will

Nope, no rear 12v socket. There’s a 12v next to the gearstick, so is a USB port. There’s another USB in the armrest storage compartment. 

For hard wiring - what dash cam do you have? Most dash cams seem to come with a range of cable options, be that 12v sockets, usbs or hardwire kits.

• Like 1

Thanks for the confirmation about the rear socket.

I have one of these:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-Xiaomi-Yi-Car-Dash-Camera-2-7-LCD-HD-1080P-WIFI-Video-DVR-Recorder/363077005085?hash=item5489136f1d:g:nZ8AAOSwJJVb5TWt

Really happy with it and had it a couple of years - its powered by USB to Mini USB (not micro). I cant really find any hardwire kits other than this which looks like its going to set my car on fire.

Is there such a thing as a micro 2 tap to cigarette lighter adapter perhaps? 

Cheers. 

Thank you. I'll order that and give it a go.

Searching the forum seems like people recommend "fuse 3 - parking assist control module" to piggyback as a switched live. I dont have parking assistance as far as I know but will have a look when I pick it up tomorrow and see what the situation is.

Thanks for your help 🙂

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club