Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stolen Fiesta

Bobr

Just now, TomsFocus said:

The extended warranty does seem to cover pretty much everything else as you say.

Duncan, the salesman I spoke to, said he thought it a very worth while deal.   He pointed out the cost of a blown engine and said that they don't repair auto gear boxes now but simply replace them as, in the long run, it's a cheaper option.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bobr said:

Seems very reasonable to me Steve; especially in light of the quote from Motoreasy which would amount to £1000  over three years.

Yes I thought it was good value too Bob

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Does the extended warranty cover all parts or is it very stripped down compared to the original manufacturer warranty?  

Yes Tom, I asked the Salesman when he pushed it....the cover that was...not the car 🙂 and he confirmed it covers everything that you would have covered when buying a new car, and I think it also had AA cover too

My warranty doesn't kick in yet as I still have warranty included with my 1 year old car.

Just now, Chainsawcharlie said:

Yes Tom, I asked the Salesman when he pushed it....the cover that was...not the car 🙂 and he confirmed it covers everything that you would have covered when buying a new car, and I think it also had AA cover too

Good to see they're so optimistic about modern Ford's reliability! :biggrin:

Is that AA roadside and recovery home, or just recovery to a Ford dealer out of interest?

• Haha 1

Just now, TomsFocus said:

Good to see they're so optimistic about modern Ford's reliability! :biggrin:

Yes I will never forget the crap 5 year Hyundai free warranty, they put in the small print any replacement parts may be reconditioned, and once fitted are only covered for 12 months 🙂

Just now, Chainsawcharlie said:

Yes I will never forget the crap 5 year Hyundai free warranty, they put in the small print any replacement parts may be reconditioned, and once fitted are only covered for 12 months 🙂

You only know how good your warranty is when you try to claim

• Like 1

Just now, st line x 140 driver said:

You only know how good your warranty is when you try to claim

Yeah exactly, had to jump through hoops to get new alloys when they corroded after 6 months.....come to think of it the new engine was a hard task too 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Felt glad that I had the three months warranty this morning.   After taking the dog for a walk and parking in a layby at the local park, I started to drive back to the accompaniment of a loud scraping sound.   The only sound I could compare it with was some years ago when I had a broken front spring and it was scraping on the wheel.   Drove slowly home and had a look under the car but couldn't see a broken spring.   When I looked at the car out of my front window I could see right under the car and there was half a tree jammed underneath.   Must have been a piece of a branch bought down into the layby by the ferocious wind in the night.   Had a hell of a job removing it.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I've had the car for 3 month now so the warranty has just run out.   I purchased the three year warranty this morning.   It doesn't include AA cover; that is extra.

• Like 1

If you service your car with a Ford dealership they normally offer this as part of the service. Otherwise I'm sure you could probably find cheap enough cover with the usual recovery companies including any cashback offers that might be around on TopCashBack or QuidCo (won't post referrals but they do them if you wish to sign-up and this is allowed to be passed to you?).

I have a black card with the RAC Yaz.   Most RAC men have never seen one before.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

My 3 year warranty includes AA membership

It comes with the standard 3 year warranty Steve but if you purchase a warranty it's extra.   I didn't bother with it as I've been with the RAC for over 50 years. (Hence the black membership card.)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

With regard to the Diskclok.   People were asking whether it marked the steering wheel.   I've been using mine for months now and there are no marks on the steering wheel at all.

Had a visit from the police who had noticed the Disklok  fitted and they advised that before fitting it you turn the steering onto full lock.   This is in order to stop the car being driven in a straight line and onto a low loader which has been known to happen apparently.

I've had my kerb dropped now and can get all the cars off the road.   I'm having posts fitted that lower into the ground and lift up once the car is in position.

• Like 2

I got the sleeve which you can put over the steering wheel before fitting the disklock, no marks at all on my steering wheel, ith that said I do wonder if the sleeve is actually necessary to be honest.

1 tip I was given is to have the big lever at 9'oclock position, rather than 12'oclock to avoid the extra weight pressing down on top of the steering wheel.

2 hours ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

I got the sleeve which you can put over the steering wheel before fitting the disklock, no marks at all on my steering wheel, ith that said I do wonder if the sleeve is actually necessary to be honest.

I don't think it is mate.   I've been using mine for well over 3 months now and there's not a mark on the wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

As a matter of interest I tried to drive the car with the disklock in place this morning just to see if it could be done. Bearing in mind I leave the wheels on full lock the first thing was to straighten the wheels.   Big mistake.   I thought I wasn't going to be able to remove the device for a while.   Even after unlocking it it had got to a very awkward position with the bar against the windscreen.   Got it off eventually but I won't be trying that again in a hurry.   I've come to the conclusion that it's impossible to drive with the device in place.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Had a message from the police officer who was originally dealing with the theft.   They have arrested a gang of five men who have been stealing cars by this method and he was pretty sure they had stolen mine.   The leader of the gang is now serving seven years.   😁

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Bobr said:

The leader of the gang is now serving seven years.   😁

That's excellent, Bob! Pity they can't add a few more on for stealing yours!😀

I'd be happy for 5 minutes in the cell with him Roger.

4 hours ago, Bobr said:

Had a message from the police officer who was originally dealing with the theft.   They have arrested a gang of five men who have been stealing cars by this method and he was pretty sure they had stolen mine.   The leader of the gang is now serving seven years.   😁

Hi Bob,

great news that they got the pond scum, it adds closure to an annoying and traumatic time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 5:04 PM, Bobr said:

Just been informed that five more members of the gang have been arrested (one of them a woman).   All remanded in custody.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Great news Bob, makes us feel a bit better when the culprits get their cumupence 

A lot of people in this area will be feeling safer now mate.   There have been a lot of car thefts in the area since mine went and it looks like this gang were responsible for most of them.   Be interesting to see if the number goes down now all the scumbags are locked up.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club