Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exhaust drone

Martik
聽Share

I have a Fiesta mk7 1.6 from 2010 and just installed a new exhaust on it i bought a exhaust without a resonator and noticed White alot if drone at 3000 rpm. Then i decided to buy a resonator and put in to hopefully male it dissapear but nothing changed. Does anybody know what i Can do to relove to drone from inside the car.

It all depends what resonator, back box and catalytic converter you've fitted.

A low cell sports cat/decat will cause drone. Obviously small back boxes and resonators reduce the sound less than larger ones.

3 hours ago, Martik said:

Does anybody know what i Can do to relove to drone from inside the car.

Unless your willing to take everything apart and pack it with sound dampening insulation not really. Turn up the radio some more聽馃槄

It is a mongoose exhaust system it is a small back box but noticed there is some resonanser material in the back box and fittes a resonator from the start of the system. But is it possible to fit聽a j-pipe to it. I have found Space sjove to back box where it could fit but dont know how Long it needs to be.

2 hours ago, Martin nielsen said:

It is a mongoose exhaust system it is a small back box

You've fitted a performance exhaust system pal, expect it to be noisy/droney haha. Adding a J-pipe wont change anything (aren't those mainly fitted to jap cars for performance/noise reasons聽anyway?). By the time you've cut back boxes out and replaced them with larger ones then you may as well just buy a new exhaust if the drone is so bad.

You never said what cat you have fitted...

It is a Stock cat but i have heard you Can add a j-pipe or helmholtz resonators as there called to reducere drone at certain rpm.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club