Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fiesta mk7 upgrade stereo to sony

emmamatt38

hi all new to the fiesta. currently my car has the standard 9 button stereo with bluetooth and dab.  I have bought a second hand blue screen and another cd unit and a sony facia which I tried installing and to some degree success. my problem is when I connected it all up. the only things that would work are the radio  and cd button. the sony stereo aux , phone buttons wouldn't do anything and the up and down toggle on the main wouldn't work. this has got me a little stuck now. would this now be something to do with setting within the car its self. would I have to use forscan to change any settings. I have used forscan before so this is no problem. I just need to know if this is a possible fix or not going to happen228630081_20200917_131252(Custom).thumb.jpg.cec1b48e599ccbbc408f123cf1200653.jpg  

20201007_151548 (Custom).jpg

This really is a minefield. You need to KNOW that you have the right bits and all of them before you even begin to programme the car to recognise what you are fitting. There are guides online that you should study and get it all aligned in your head. There will be some work with Forscan required because none of this is plug and play so I'm afraid that the reality is a lot of research. The first thing I would find is the circuit diagram for both types. You will need ETIS in all probability and both your VIN and the VIN of a car fitted with the setup you want. Once you are certain  that it is wired up correctly and certain 
 that all the parts are compatible and from the same car, (minor differences in part numbers can cause huge issues,) you can start finding out what differences are needed in Forscan.

It can be done. Other cars that shape have it fittedand other people have done it so yours can be but it requires time, patience and study to get the necessary know how because there seems to be only one solution per installation!.

1 hour ago, tomshepp said:

There are guides online that you should study and get it all aligned in your head. There will be some work with Forscan required because none of this is plug and play so I'm afraid that the reality is a lot of research. 

Wtf are you going on about here pal 😂😂.

Anyways, at a guess you've bought a Sony unit from a facelift which utilises SYNC for bluetooth etc. What's the part number on the CD unit? Idk of anyone who has managed to retrofit SYNC. 

Unless you are adding satnav then there is no need to go on Forscan. Should all be plug and play.

But clearly isn't.

To quote my earlier post:

You need to KNOW that you have the right bits and all of them before you even begin to programme the car to recognise what you are fitting.

If you do have the right bits and the right information, it would not be difficult to fit any Sync system to anything from a 2CV to a Jumbo Jet.

Whether it would be worthwhile is another matter.

3 hours ago, tomshepp said:

But clearly isn't.

To quote my earlier post:

You need to KNOW that you have the right bits and all of them before you even begin to programme the car to recognise what you are fitting.

If you do have the right bits and the right information, it would not be difficult to fit any Sync system to anything from a 2CV to a Jumbo Jet.

Whether it would be worthwhile is another matter.

But clearly isn't what?

How does any of what you just said help the OP? It doesn't take a genius to work out you need all the required parts to a job...

Its like saying if you had the right parts and information I suppose you could've sorted this coronavirus vaccine and made a time travel machine. If I had the right parts and information, i could also be dating Angelina Jolie. 😴

How about you help out and link these "online guides you should study" or the "circuit diagrams" to quote your above post.

Thank you for your informative and insightful contribution. If you read my post you will find that you missed the bit where I explained the diagrams required and how to obtain them.

I am deeply sorry that you do not have the right parts to date Angelina Jolie but regret there is little I can  do to assist in this case.

Suppose it's much easier to tell people to bugger off to ETIS to find wiring diagrams. BTW it costs nearly £30 for 1 hour access on 2 different cars and over £100 for 24 hour access (which by the way you don't need for this job as it should be plug and play). You shouldn't need Forscan either.

• 7 months later...

Hey, did you have any luck with this?

I'm curious as I am upgrading from the 6 button version of your original stereo (no bluetooth) and trying to upgrade to the same Sony stereo you posted.
I have the complete kit - fascia, head unit, main box, bluetooth module, loom, dab antenna, and mic - so I'm hoping it should be a fairly straightforward installation, but I have heard of some horror stories.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club