Do Not Sell My Personal Information

67 plate Fiesta (almost) completely dead

chrish76

Came to start car this morning and both keyless fobs unresponsive so unable to open car doors. This has happened twice previously many months ago and so I used manual method of entry.

This time instead of getting the normal message of starting car within 10 seconds (or however long it is) I got no message at all and there's no response from the ignition whatsoever - not even the slightest click of trying to start up. What there is however is a VERY faint electronic alarm type noise coming from the dashboard. It's so faint that it can only be heard from inside. It's not a general electrical hum that you can sometimes hear in a car but a very deliberate (yet quiet!) alarm. I've tried placing the key in the passive key backup position as per the manual but still nothing.

The other car doors will not open internally and as I say there's not even the slightest response when I try the ignition so I'm guessing some sort of immobiliser issue rather than a flat battery. Have also tried both keyless fobs so unlikely that both have happened to fail at same time.

Any ideas? TIA!

Could you pick up a battery from Euro Car Parts and if it's not the issue, return it? First thing I would have thought of is the battery but I'm definitely no expert.

Just from that it sounds all electronical and that the battery is very very dead. as above can you not go get another battery?

Will try a jump start as first port of call once wife is home with the other car but it just seems odd that a relatively new battery on a frequently used car would fail so quickly out of the blue? That internal alarm that seems curious as well. Is that a symptom or cause of the battery drain (if that's what it is)? 🤷‍♂️

These MK8 Fiesta’s seem very prone to randomly and suddenly draining, and becoming quite dead. There’s a thread on it round here somewhere, I’m sure.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club