Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Relay part number

moac123

Hi guys. I just bought a ford fiesta 2013 and it has a problem with the high beam headlights, while i was checking the car i realize is missing the the      High beam  relay, does anyone knows where can i buy it and whats the part number or specifications ?

Missing Image

Thats the fuse box diagram, is missing R4.

I'd go to my local Ford Main Dealer, but if you have just bought it, I might contact the vendor.

And I don't know, but surely a correctly working main beam is checked on an MOT ?

I'm pretty sure it's FINIS no: 1425751. Just double check the missing slot and make sure it looks like this picture. If so then that's the correct part number for a Ford relay.

image.png.21ea474ec69f1f3fc60cd1d0f0d6f34b.png

Yeah i think it does fit there, i'll order the part and give it a try. Thanks for your answerds :D.
image.thumb.png.46f80c333c35050221b74c56b3b7695a.png

15 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

I'm pretty sure it's FINIS no: 1425751. Just double check the missing slot and make sure it looks like this picture. If so then that's the correct part number for a Ford relay.

image.png.21ea474ec69f1f3fc60cd1d0f0d6f34b.png

It looks like that's the one, in case it isn't what are the consequences? i mean can it cause damage to my car? i already have an apoitment at ford to do the service and mot but is at the end of the month and i don't want to keep driving like that i am tempted to try and fixed but i'm kind of scared hahah

5 hours ago, moac123 said:

It looks like that's the one, in case it isn't what are the consequences? i mean can it cause damage to my car? i already have an apoitment at ford to do the service and mot but is at the end of the month and i don't want to keep driving like that i am tempted to try and fixed but i'm kind of scared hahah

If it's the wrong one it physically wont fit in the holder so there's no harm done to the car. Those 4 slots are in different positions for each relay type so it's impossible to fit the wrong one in the wrong place.

9 times out of 10 you can't just tell the dealer it's missing a relay and need to fit one. They'll charge you for a diagnostic first before coming to that conclusion. Think of it from their perspective, if it was something as easy as a missing relay and you already knew that, then you wouldn't be taking it to them to be fixed as you'd just fit one yourself for the sake of 5 minutes.

If you want to double check it is the relay, pull another one from elsewhere in the fusebox (that's the same type obviously) and see if the main beam starts working again.

• Like 1

I fitted the relay and it's all good now, thanks for your help

• Thanks 1

Luke - is that true that a main dealer would not sell you a simple item like a relay without carrying out diagnostics ? 

I suppose in may case, I have a long standing relationship with my local Ford Parts department so I do not have any difficulty getting bits. (I do not have a long standing relationship with their service department, If I need any thing difficult done I use Tremona in Southampton!  My cars are a bit older !)

4 minutes ago, Paulkp said:

Luke - is that true that a main dealer would not sell you a simple item like a relay without carrying out diagnostics ? 

I suppose in may case, I have a long standing relationship with my local Ford Parts department so I do not have any difficulty getting bits. (I do not have a long standing relationship with their service department, If I need any thing difficult done I use Tremona in Southampton!  My cars are a bit older !)

They'll sell you stuff from the parts department no problem. If you booked the car into the service department to be looked it, I doubt they would blindly fit a relay because the customer told them so. They'll always do a "diagnostic" first in my experience. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club