Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What do you tow and what's it like?

simonb65

Just wondering for those that tow, what do you tow, what is the MTPLM, what experience do you have and do you find the Edge up to the job?

Does anyone tow a 1800kg MTPLM twin axle caravan? and how do you find it handles?

Hi Simon I tow with my edge sport auto and it's a dream . My caravan is a bailey pamplona twin axle 1700 kgs . My co pilot is always moaning about my speed 😗🤭 . It's the first auto I have towed with and I forget the vans on the back hence the nagging from the passenger seat 🤣

• Like 1

When coming back from South Wales last year on the m4 . You have a long climb before you get to Bristol.  Sat at  a steady 60 all the way up . It does tow faultlessly it's a great tow car . It does turn heads still when arriving on sites .

• Like 1

I used to tow a horse trailer but sold it last year. It would have weighed 675kg, but could carry two horses, each 16’2 hands. Each of them would weigh anything up to 650kg. So just shy of 2 tonnes all in, which I think is the maximum permitted by the Edge. Never had any issues. 

• Like 1

I tow a T@B 320 (little teardrop shaped  2 berth caravan), obviously that little thing doesn't make much of an impact.  I do however have to remove the rear seat so that I can fit the folded 3.8m rigid hull inflatable, 20hp outboard, folding trailer and luggage

On 10/19/2020 at 5:37 PM, bobfather said:

I tow a T@B 320 (little teardrop shaped  2 berth caravan), obviously that little thing doesn't make much of an impact.  I do however have to remove the rear seat so that I can fit the folded 3.8m rigid hull inflatable, 20hp outboard, folding trailer and luggage

Didn’t know you could fold a RIB. 

19 hours ago, Edge of Reason said:

Didn’t know you could fold a RIB. 

The rigid hull is in four pieces that lock together to form the inner tub.  Unlike normal RIBs my hull isn't independantly watertight but the tube has four compartments and the boat is safe with only two compartments inflated.  I like the added sense of stability of the rigid hull but also want to use the boat when I'm away with the caravan and only one tow vehicle

Interesting. Yes rigid hull is far better than not and if it only requires two sections of inflation to keep afloat then that’s a pretty safe configuration. 

Ive got a Coachman VIP575 that weighs around 1600kgs. Its often said but I genuinely forget its their. Set cruise control and it won't drop below 60 and you don't even notice when it changes down to go up hill. I really don't know what I'm going to do when its time to change it - loved the Kuga but the Edge is in a different league.

I have a Brian James Tilt car transporter trailer 16ft x 6.6 bed

Tows it fine with my track car on there a mini cooper s at the min.

• 2 weeks later...

I tow a bailey unicorn Barcelona twin axel no bother what so ever, tows as good as my x5 40d did but with alot more bells and whistles.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club